Thread: 1965 901/01 race engine. Weber 46mm Carbs, 915 trans

1965 901/01 race engine. Weber 46mm Carbs, 915 trans

1965 Aluminum case race motor, S/N 901602. Displacement increased to 2.8L with 92mm Bore and 70.4mm stoke. Sale incudes the Weber 46mm carbs , Porsche 915 transmission, starter, fan, headers, etc.. What you see in the photos is what you get. Though if you are local and can get my engine cart back to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

The motor was running well, however the car it was in was sold to Norway. I was able to speak with the builder who mentioned he was supporting the Walt Mass 914/6 GT and modeled this engine to be a copy of that configuration. He mentioned very aggressive cams and using Mahle 2.8 pistons and cylinders. I was told it dyno’d at 315hp.

I can provide a video of the car it was in running if you would like. The build of the engine was quite a long time ago. The buyer should plan on doing a tear down and verifying the motors is fit to race again.

Was planning on dropping the motor into a street hotrod but plans have changed and it’s now available. This is a great deal for someone who recognizes the value of all the parts at the very least! Don’t delay, first person with cash gets it. $32,500 obo

Please email with any questions pilot83@outlook.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by helosixx; 01-19-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Ref. S/N 901602

All PMs replied to