Thread: FS: 1972 thermostat housing and thermostat

FS: 1972 thermostat housing and thermostat

Perfect new condition. Specific to 1972 with front oil cooler. Sold together only. Price is $625.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Johnston; 02-12-2019 at 05:39 AM.

The thermostat will not fit into the housing unless it has been machined so this cannot be used with a front bumper oil cooler. The price is also out of line. Peter

Sorry Jim,
    Apparently the housing is machined correctly for the thermostat. The plug in the third port confused me. Whoever buys it will still need the $30-40 metric coupling for the plugged port. The price is still way out of line and should be around $450-550. Peter
    Last edited by pkg911; 01-25-2019 at 08:26 AM.

This thermostat housing is specific to 1972 and the thermostat fits perfectly, as the new photo shows. The price reflects very little more than I paid for the two items. In fact, I may well lose money in shipping it to a buyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The part shown is certainly unique to 1972 model year. However, if it was for a front oil cooler installation it would, I believe, have two thermostats. One large, (shown) which is still available, and one smaller one which is NLA. In addition the part shown has a plug in one of the ports, which suggests a no front cooler use, whereas the front cooler option had three open ports. I think the S oil console for front cooler had a part number of 916 107 242 0R but may have been superseded. I stand to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable.
    Last edited by Saskia; 01-25-2019 at 07:50 AM.

My information is that the Porsche parts numbers indicate two thermostats for a 72 911- with and without a thermostat (the part # for my part is 91610702802). The “second smaller thermostat” referred in the previous post to is actually for a pressure relief valve.