Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with color

A cool piece of history for me was that the production number that you can see on the dash was also on the interior of the doors. Hadn't seen that before on the doors.
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Just finished Jeff Gamroth's personal very early 70S Irish Green. 83rd one built. Car spent 2 years in Seattle and it's been in Oregon ever since. One of the best original rust free cars I've had the pleasure to do.

That's just lovely. What paint and formula are you using? Once I have my 70T mechanically sorted to my satisfaction I'd like to repaint it and this particular version of Irish Green looks spot on - not too blue, not too yellow, not too light or too dark.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Always Glasurit 22 line. I have a great story to share about what I've done for the original Signal Green formula and what I had to do to get the last toners in the world. More to come.
    72S, 72T now ST

Outstanding !!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Fun with colour was always part of Weissach.

All 12 drivers found themselves at the wheel of bespoke Porsche 911 Carrera RSRs. Built by Weissach specifically for the televised race series, the 15 cars were painted in a variety of TV-friendly lurid colours, from Bright Yellow to Acid Blue.

Name:  Image 15-07-20 at 5.17 PM.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  175.0 KB
    Mark

I was at Jeff's shop yesterday when Scott showed up with the Irish Green 70S of Jeff's. The paint job was fantastic. Scott is very lucky to have such a talented painter on his team.
    Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    Carrera T w/LWB, MT, RWS, PCCB
    72 T 66 x 100 MFI Twin Plug Coupe
    R Gruppe #686

2.2 Inner Circle color in Santa Ynez [ATTACH=CONFIG]528523
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dswanny1; 07-15-2020 at 07:26 AM. Reason: remov a photo

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Fun with colour was always part of Weissach.

All 12 drivers found themselves at the wheel of bespoke Porsche 911 Carrera RSRs. Built by Weissach specifically for the televised race series, the 15 cars were painted in a variety of TV-friendly lurid colours, from Bright Yellow to Acid Blue.

Name:  Image 15-07-20 at 5.17 PM.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  175.0 KB
    Love that picture!
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Dswanny1 View Post
    2.2 Inner Circle color in Santa Ynez [ATTACH=CONFIG]528523
    Very cool! Love all the different shades. I could never get the Rgruppe guys to line up their cars so perfectly! Haha
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5MFI View Post
    I was at Jeff's shop yesterday when Scott showed up with the Irish Green 70S of Jeff's. The paint job was fantastic. Scott is very lucky to have such a talented painter on his team.
    Mark just happened to pull up in his 540 HP Carrera T! Slightly modified!
    72S, 72T now ST