Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @Amelia Island Gooding Auction - 1969 911 S

FS: @Amelia Island Gooding Auction - 1969 911 S

For anyone who might be interested, and in an attempt to obtain 'full disclosure', here is the description of the car.

All numbers, colors and materials are COA matching
    VIN 119301416
    Engine #6392023
    Transmission #7198329
    Exterior color is ultra rare, special order, Metallic Dark Red 6854
    Interior black leatherette, black carpets
    This fine example recently completed an exhaustive, three year restoration to national concours standards under the supervision of Tom Scott, multiple Best-Of-Show concours winner and PCA judge. Every effort was made to retain authenticity of all components and systems

Body was stripped to bare metal, rust repairs completed, underside of the floor pan, wheel wells, front and engine compartments were primed, undercoated, and painted black, exterior painted to original color to show standards
    Almost every mechanical system was rebuilt to original specifications
    Engine, transmission, MFI system completely rebuilt by Carquip, Boulder, Colorado
    Suspension and steering were rebuilt, new Koni inserts installed, steering rack was not rebuilt
    Brake calipers were rebuilt, new rotors installed
    Wheels are correct deep dish with hearts, dated 1969, restored by Harvey Weidman
    Complete Interior (seats, door panels, carpets, headliner and front compartment carpets) custom made to original specifications and colors, using original materials by Dave Brown, steering wheel re-wrapped by Autoweave, Denver, Colorado
    All chrome plated parts were re-plated
    Hardware and related parts were re-plated yellow cadmium, zinc, and black oxide
    Oil hoses rebuilt by Brad Davis, oil lines refurbished
    Exterior trim re-anodized by Marcos
    Radio refurbished by Radio King, San Diego
    Instruments restored by North Hollywood Speedometer
    New bumper, rocker and threshold deco trim installed
    New Interstate batteries and Vredestein Tires (185 X 15) Installed
    Fuel system refurbished, gas tank re-undercoated
    Four wheel alignment by Jim Paris Tire, Denver, Colorado
    Included is a correct and complete tool kit, jack, Owner’s manual, and original sales literature

All mechanical assembly completed by professional Porsche repair shops, Storz Garage and Pay Moyle, Denver, CO
    Tom Scott
    303-819-0101
    www.356consulting.LLC
    tomlynns@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 69S-S/R; 02-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

we are all loooking on both cars what happens.
    911 S 1967 and ...

Per Marco:
    Lot #15

Opening bid $100K

Hammer down at $130,000.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Amelia-Auction
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Met the new owner tonight at the restaurant where we were dining. Very happy with his purchase. Car showed quite well. It was so much better than the RS that got the stupid money.

Congrats to Tom Scott.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    It was so much better than the RS that got the stupid money.

Congrats to Tom Scott.
    Ok Tom. We get it. You're anti RS. Time to let it go....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

To be honest I think that at $130k hammer price, it was still relatively cheap. This is compared to the other cars in the sale overall. I also think that the restoration quality was the best of the 3 early 911s that sold today. So as they say, "well bought" even though at the end of the day the buyer will be paying $143,000 plus transport to get this stunning 69S home. I think the new owner should have every right to be excited!!

I'm not anti-anything but stupidity.

The "low hum" around the auction regarding the RS was "re-stamped" engine case. I have photos of all the numbers. A PCA judge gigged it for 17 items in a cursory 5 minute look over. I'm quite sure your car would have shown better by a country mile.

Tom Scott's car is/was the stuff.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by erick72pors View Post
    To be honest I think that at $130k hammer price, it was still relatively cheap. This is compared to the other cars in the sale overall. I also think that the restoration quality was the best of the 3 early 911s that sold today. So as they say, "well bought" even though at the end of the day the buyer will be paying $143,000 plus transport to get this stunning 69S home. I think the new owner should have every right to be excited!!
    By comparison, I agree. The color difference between the '73S and this far better '69S was a major factor, IMO. If I'm right, emotion is playing a huge role.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    I'm not anti-anything but stupidity.

The "low hum" around the auction regarding the RS was "re-stamped" engine case. I have photos of all the numbers. A PCA judge gigged it for 17 items in a cursory 5 minute look over. I'm quite sure your car would have shown better by a country mile.

Tom Scott's car is/was the stuff.
    Ok. Got it. And, as i mentioned in another thread, I passed on this RS due to rust issues
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....