Thread: WTB: 1968 Targa Back Glass with Vertical defrost lines.

WTB: 1968 Targa Back Glass with Vertical defrost lines.

I am looking for the correct rear glass for my 1968 911. Looking for the correct ones with Vertical lines for the rear defroster.

Please send me a PM .
    Early 911S Registry Member #3767

Current:
    2010 GT3 Meteor Grey, Carbon Seats and Ceramic Brakes
    1968 911T Targa, Polo Red, Recaro Sport Seats, Deep Fuchs
    1972 911 ST Recreation (Work in Progress) 3.4L Hot Rod
    1983 911SC Bone Stock. Grand Prix White with Sport Seats

Vertical lines for the rear defroster? Do you have a picture of this? I only recall them ever having horizontal lines, earlier ones had less of then, meaning they did not cover all of the glass, and later ones covered all of the rear glass.

I have both of those available, but do not have any with vertical wires.

Erik

first power defrost in 68 hard window targas had vertical lines. Needle in haystack but they are out there. horizonal lines are a dime a dozen.

~J~
    air cooled only

Thanks for everyone for keeping an eye out. I am still looking.

Current:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady911 View Post
    Vertical lines for the rear defroster? Do you have a picture of this? I only recall them ever having horizontal lines, earlier ones had less of then, meaning they did not cover all of the glass, and later ones covered all of the rear glass.

I have both of those available, but do not have any with vertical wires.

Erik

Dude, you've got a lot to learn

Jim
    Charter member, 911 Curmudgeons

Bump.

Still looking.

Current:

Well, I finally got to see in person what you are on the hunt for. That is going to be a tough find I think, but I will take a crack at it for you.

Jim, I could not agree more with you, after 15 years doing this, I learn new things every single day. One of the reasons I love my job so much.

Neo I will let you know if I run across anything, and I will make some calls to a few out of the norm people and see if they might have something hiding away.

Pretty cool looking actually though.

Best Regards,

Erik

If you're still looking I've got a rear Targa window from a 68 with the vertical lines. It has a small interior crack in the glass about 2" long in the corner. Let me know if you're interested, thanks