Thread: Shout-out!!!!!

Shout-out!!!!!

Thanks to all the great minds who helped me get the MFI out of a cardboard box on my garage shelf onto the little 2 Liter in my '69 911S!

Arron Burnham,

Ed Mayo,

Mark Jung,

Dennis Powell (with the great engine electrical harness with his own custom molded one-year-only plugs),

John Dougerty, DR camshafts,

And Marty, Hans' son at H & R Fuel Injection LTD.

My MFI had been whacked by some real "PROs" LoL.

Every throttle shaft bearing was shot and all the butterfly shafts were twisted and bent.
    My first order of business was straightening those six shafts and that took about 20 hours at my workbench with hand coaxing and home made tools, patience and some good music-

Marty in Bohemia, NY rebuilt my pump since I'm in NJ and Mark Jung's legendary waiting list was at its peak.
    Marty learned the business from his dad, Hans, the 'H' in H & R, a legend in Bosch fuel injection pumps for Diesel, Marine and MFI.

I was puzzled when UPS knocked at my door FOUR days after I sent the pump to H&R.
    I was delighted when UPS accepted my personal check, COD, and I had my newly rebuilt pump in hand.

The 1969 911S now runs like a little gem.

It is so smooth and quiet it seems slow- It is not! The idle is rock solid-

AND IT PULLS to 7300 RPM like an ANGRY BLACK HOLE!

Thanks Gentlemen-

...and when some wise-ass says a amateur cannot rework Bosch MFI remember these photos-
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi Gene,

Great to hear! There's nothing more satisfying than knowing what you've accomplished with your own two hands and help from those in our community. BTW, I recognized your plates as the one in this photo. It's one of my favorite pics from the Tangerine thread.

Name:  AutumnRunWeb.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  225.3 KB
    Early 911S Registry #3811
    '70 911S Coupe Tangerine
    Instagram @turkis.tii

Outstanding !!!!

Bravo again to the collective brain trust on our board....

Always LOVED that Fall photo...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wow, testimony that this board works, awesome. The collective brain trust on this board is amazing, so many on this list have helped me and untold number of others here and at the bird as I continue my journey down the proverbial slippery slope of Porsche ownership -- with a big smile on my face and an quickly empting wallet.

Thank you very much.

Yes that is my little Tangerine 911S when it had its Weber carbs.
    I am SO GLAD the previous owner recognized the value of the MFI kit and included it with the sale.
    It was nasty but COMPLETE...

The tag isn't my real numbers but a convenient cut & paste to hide my real registration on instagram and other social media.
    I have the original 1969 black plate from CA too.

I am still pinching myself with the performance and smoothness of the engine. I almost miss the flat spots that I used to know...

I had a lunch meeting with an art director I'm working with yesterday that took me into some of the last undeveloped areas in south NJ.
    'Long straights for miles through farmland with no side streets or shoulders and nice sweepers before getting back into the real world.

I haven't seen my top speed yet but that legendary "throttle response" is something to behold.

Thanks again,

Gene

Thanks, Chuck.

Proof positive that many can cooperate and the results are great.

I struggled over a week with the one-year-only MFI pump and its 'secret' to accessing the high speed adjustment.

A quick post and two Early S GIANTS knew exactly what I needed!

That info was not in CMA, my Factory Workshop Manuals or anywhere else I could see...

There are many Giants here and what I particularly love is reading expert advice from those who are no longer with us here but their expert advice is still helping.

It really is remarkable.

@G69, so true. The wisdom of the departed lives here forever to benefit us and the future caretakers of our cars.

that is a great and inspiring story
    73 911S Targa

Great story and outcome! I love MFI over carbs.