Thread: Expiration Dates...

Question Expiration Dates...

Members,

We’ve been informed by many of you that the membership expiration date we print in the address box on the back cover of your ESSES pretty much goes unnoticed… in fact on many occasions I’ve reminded many that’s the easiest/fastest way to find out that date.

We’ve also realized that what it takes for our printer to print that individual date is a big, expensive, and more over timely step that we’re not sure is noticed by the majority of our membership. Especially now that a great number of you are on our auto-pay system.. (thank you)

So, we'd like your feedback as to the utility of that expiration date on the back or your ESSES…

Either comment here or back to me at:
    cmiller14@socal.rr.com

Thanks,
    The ESR
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I believe some sort of notification is necessary but it needn't be this way, I believe email notification works best.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

I'll bet it could be setup so when you logged into the forum you'd get a (rather annoying) flashing/blinking message indicator to remind you to renew. PM/email works
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Just using PCA as a reference and counterpoint, would it be possible to send an invoice each year via snail mail?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

All things considered Peter...
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    All things considered Peter...
    Hi Chuck - was there any final resolution to this? I noticed on the back of my Fall 2022 ESSES that my renewal date is coming up. So is it just up to members to make a note of that date and renew online (ie, no reminders are currently being sent out via email or snail mail)?

Actually, this page seems to indicate membership is automatically renewed if you used a credit card first time around - https://shop.early911sregistry.org/pages/membership

Is that still the case?

Thanks, David
    Last edited by dpetterson; 10-02-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Lightbulb

David,

Yes ...

If you opt out of the 'new member/renewal auto pay' (as with the link above) then you need to rely on the two places we supply your membership expiration date to you...

Your membership expiration date is printed in the address box on (now) the white ESSES shipping envelopes, and printed on your membership card.

Thanks,
    cm
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Great - thanks Chuck.