Thread: Question on Dash Light / Parking Light Operation

Question on Dash Light / Parking Light Operation

Hey there - I did a bunch of searching but want to be sure I've got this right:

Car is a 1971 911T, US Delivery car. I have the S gauges or full gauges.

For the Oil Temp/Pressure gauge:
    there is no "oil pressure" idiot light, correct? Just the gauge?
    The handbrake light is only for the handbrake, fluid, or circuit issue?
    And the alternator is only alternator power/voltage

Correct? If so, this is working right on my car.

Parking lights:
    pull light knob 1 notch, lights illuminate, and the green light on dash lights up when parking lights are on. This did work, but stopped, i need to check the bulb

Question: does moving the turn signal indicator up or down at car off, should that activate parking lights like it does on the newer cars on the side the lever is moved to?

I see no indication of this in the 71T owners manual. But, I'm seeing some interesting behavior per a previous post I made about electrical. My shop has pulled apart the front fuse block and found some old wiring issues from the reassembly of the car and hopefully this cures those... (ie reverse lights only come on when lights are on, or left turn signal engaged!!!).

Thanks all

For my 71T, Lights on gauge operate per your description, upper light blinks when handbrake is engaged. Parking lights function per description, yes green light comes on. When off, turn signal stalk will operate chosen parking lights.

Quote Originally Posted by chris anderson View Post
    For my 71T, Lights on gauge operate per your description, upper light blinks when handbrake is engaged. Parking lights function per description, yes green light comes on. When off, turn signal stalk will operate chosen parking lights.
    Awesome thanks.