Thread: Consulting the glove box door scholars

Consulting the glove box door scholars

Scholars of All Things Porsche, I Humbly Seek Your Wisdom,

I am seeking some help in identifying the correct years/models for a couple of glove box doors. Can you help me identify them correctly?

I was told that the more elaborate one is SWB, and the simpler one is '65-'66, but I felt that it would be better to ask for input.

I am in the process of cleaning them up to offer for sale, so I am asking in order that the research corresponds to the prep period.

Thank you, any and all, for your assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

i am bumping this in the hope of getting some wisdom.

can anyone help me identify these glove box doors, please?

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    Scholars of All Things Porsche, I Humbly Seek Your Wisdom,

I am seeking some help in identifying the correct years/models for a couple of glove box doors. Can you help me identify them correctly?

I was told that the more elaborate one is SWB, and the simpler one is '65-'66, but I felt that it would be better to ask for input.

I am in the process of cleaning them up to offer for sale, so I am asking in order that the research corresponds to the prep period.

Thank you, any and all, for your assistance.
    Mike

The last thing I could be accused of is being a scholar. You were told wrong. The "more elaborate" one is a SWB which includes 65 and 66. The other one fits a 71 911.

Regards

Jim

ALL HAIL CARNAC!!! SEER OF SEERS!! SAYER OF SOOTHES! MAY YOUR NEXT COLONOSCOPY BE PERFORMED BY A FRUSTRATED CONCERT TROMBONIST!

so the little one is a '71? i was guessing very early SWB (65-66).

thank you, sir!! may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your competitors.

Dr. B. Johnson’s book, second printing,pages,54/55.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

maybe i should have pointed out that they appear to be 2 different sizes. i think the less adorned one is smaller.

My old lab mate used to say, "you're a scholar and a gentleman and a fine judge of poor beer". I always laughed. Miss that guy...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100