Thread: What does ‘spoiler’ mean in a 73 T window sticker

What does ‘spoiler’ mean in a 73 T window sticker

My 73 CIS T has the option of ‘spoiler’ on the window sticker.

Also has the G53 comfort package consisting of sway bars, front spoiler, S front bumper, etc. all still with the car.

It’s also fitted with, what looks like a factory ducktail with steel frame and drain holes.

Because it’s a narrow body car, I was thinking it would look better with a flat lid, but if it’s part of the history and build, this car will continue life with a ducktail.

I have very old photos from the 70’s of the car with a ducktail, so I know it’s not a modern repro.

Any thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by blucille; 03-02-2024 at 07:59 AM.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Wasn’t the front “S” bumper referred to as a spoiler?

Most likely that don’t you think?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hey Steve, 911MRP, there's some stuff I don't understand in your response, it's probably just the British to American translator app I use.

Having never seen the Northeast General Managers guide before, is it possible you could snap some photos of the relevant details/pages. I understand, none of us want to flood the internet with all this historic data, but to share some of the magic inside this publication wouldn't present a threat at all, as far as I can tell.

And while the 73 RS was not officially sold in the US, I'd expect some bits and bobs (see, my translator worked) were available on the option list, as is still true today.

Thanks
    Last edited by blucille; 03-02-2024 at 11:50 AM.

yea... he could just wisper it to you in American

Simply put: “Spoiler” on your widow sticker with retail price $145 also appears on an original May 1973 master list in a ring-binder that was once owned by the General Manager of Porsche Cars Northeast Inc. The master list shows “Spoiler” same retail price $145 — helpfully adds that it was option M473 available for 73 911 T.

M473 during the 73 model year was the front spoiler.

This data-point from an original binder supports what Michael suggested.

I’ve deleted my earlier posts on this thread since you found them confusing.

Just trying to help

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-02-2024 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Simply put: “Spoiler” on your widow sticker with retail price $145 also appears on an original May 1973 master list in a ring-binder that was once owned by the General Manager of Porsche Cars Northeast Inc. The master list shows “Spoiler” same retail price $145 — helpfully adds that it was option M473 available for 73 911 T.

M473 during the 73 model year was the front spoiler.

This data-point from an original binder supports what Michael suggested.

I’ve deleted my earlier posts on this thread since you found them confusing.

Just trying to help

Steve
    As I’ve said before. Thank you Steve. But by deleting your thread, mine now has no meaning. How about you undelete it?

Those photos of the Northeast US managers guide were very enlightening, I'm sure others would like to see more.

I agree with Steve; in this context the Spoiler would be the front one alone.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    I agree with Steve; in this context the Spoiler would be the front one alone.
    Thanks Dave. Appreciate the help.