Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: My Martini RSR build project

Marvelous build. Hope to see it in person one day.

Question/curious: is this correct, just not finished, other?
    Name:  rsr logo.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  5.3 KB
    Thought the horizontal lines on top and bottom of PORSCHE would align to the right side of the 'E'
    Dave Reu
    Member #3949
    1973 Silver Metallic 911S

Hi Dave,
    Those lines were done deliberately
    There’s not a lot of clear pictures of the rear R6 at the Targa Florio but the ones i did find showed the lines shortened.
    Going back to the discussion if they used decals or paint, this seems to point to a sticker that got damaged.
    We have done it in paint, as have Maxted-Page when they restored R6 a couple of years ago.
    Name:  IMG_8774.jpeg
Views: 228
Size:  582.3 KB
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Heck yeah! That is so cool. Can’t imagine driving that machine around there.
    Dave Reu
    Member #3949
    1973 Silver Metallic 911S

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    thanks for the ongoing support!

Last bit of masking done yesterday; The outline for the 'red' on the top side of the ducktail and the rear-end of the ducktail, where the text has to fit in between the two ends.
    Once this last piece is painted, we'll touch up the little bits that are not correct or have gotten damaged and apply the clear coat. So we're getting to the end of this major paint-job.

Attachment 612333
    Attachment 612334
    Attachment 612335

Just for fun I added the number 8 decal with some sticky tape on the side - but it will be a decal that'll be applied on top of the clear coat in a few months.

Attachment 612336
    Patrick....just an outstanding effort with this project! It reminds me of Mike Moore's project in the UK which began in 2007. In case you haven't seen his ddk thread, and the unveiling thread on ESR, here are links to those projects. But you have probably looked at Mike's project thread....right?

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...veiling!/page2

https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vi...294&start=1155
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Oh yes, I had bookmarked this for years. Such an inspiration!
    ...and when i started i said that i would never go so overboard as Mike did on his #107 car.... oh how the turntables....
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

9 years isn’t overboard Patrick ��
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6