Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: My Martini RSR build project

These switches exist in many forms from Hella as well as Bosch as well as China crap.
    The currently available ones are different from the older ones - they have a texture on the handle.
    But in general if you do a search on ebay.de with the term
    zugschalter (bosch,hella)
    you should find an old one in the bargain bin.
    Apart from that it's screw vs, plug model.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

dash switch

I found this switch with wiring in my stash, no idea what it was used for? Rear wiper?

Regards,

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    I would guess rear window switch, with front to back wiring harness that is normally friction taped to main tunnel harness from the factory. G

I doubt it Cees,
    that looks like a dual circuit switch, whereas as I believe the one for the rear wiper (and CDIs) is a simple single connection switch (see post #59 on page 6).
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

CDI Switch

I was planning on using a rear wiper switch (65-73 911) part number 90161304300 for the CDI box dash switches. I do think that a single circuit switch (typically fog lights) is aesthetically correct as well. I am wiring each of mine to ground one of the CDI boxes to work as the original setup was intended. May not be exact but pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    Hi, thanks for reading & glad you enjoy. Interested to see a bit of your martini build!
    Thanks for your help with the switch, my build has been going for 12 years (roughly) and is getting close(r). Started with an 87. Body is done and painted and the fenders have been developed. Currently working on the wiring harness! Any input on the two red dash warning lights? Still haven't figured them out yet....

Back at post 91-92-93, there was a discussion on mechanical tacks. In the for sale 2.2S is selling 906 cams. You can see the recess in the 4-5-6, right side cam for the mechanical tack drive.

Another technical question I hope someone here can answer.

I'm having Kroon in the Netherlands creating me a wiring harness for the car, and they asked me what type of regulator I'm using, a Bosch or a SEV Marchal/Motorola one.
    Funny thing is, the tech manual describes both codes (901.603.206.02 Bosch and 901.603.206.11 SEV Marchal) without an indication which was used when.
    My 911T is a 1973 ROW model and has the SEV Marchal one, which I believe was the standard; 1973 and earlier cars came with the oval, metal-cased Marchal/Motorola regulator and 55 Amp, 770 Watt alternator.
    However, when looking at the restoration pictures of R6, it clearly shows they went for the Bosch version, and some of the other RSR engine bays on Pbase show inconsistent results too.
    (RSRs 0705 & 0894 got the SEV Marchal; 0756, 0847 and 1008 got a Bosch)
    So I don't think it matters that much, but would like to know what it should be.

Name:  25.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  64.6 KB
    R6 engine bay with a Bosch voltage regulator

Name:  894_regulator_SEV Marchal.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  84.9 KB
    RSR 894 with a SEV Marchal 14v regulator
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T

They need to be matched so output is proper. A Marachal alternator and Bosch regulator will result in -1 volt. As a rule Bosch regulators were plug in and Marchal were hard wired. That might be why Kroon wants to know.

Thanks for that info. Yes, a search reveals that a SEV Marshall regulator is matched with a alternator of the same brand. After having confirmed the space for it is the same in a smaller 226mm fan, I ordered both and informed Kroon to go down the SEV Marshall path.

Yesterday the wiring harnesses arrived. Kroon in the Netherlands are not cheap, especially with the Australian dollar being worth next to nothing it's a lot of money, but the last thing you want to do when building a car is re-using 46 year old wiring. Plus in my case, the wiring was for a 1976 car, so there was a need to make a custom set of cables for my build.
    And although I haven't tested it yet obviously, I have to say that the (concours) quality and eye for detail is impressive.

I won't bore you with the full harness listing, but suffice to say that it was a LHD 1973 Carrera RS set of wiring harnesses with a few modifications (twin spark, including an extra wire front to aft to activate the CDIs from the dash), twin fuel pumps, different battery location, etc, etc. There may still be a few things I need to modify once I start to build up the car, but 99% is there now.

Other than that, all sanding and filler work is done. All panel gaps are nice and neat and the car is now being put in primer.
    Once that's done, the big job of wet-sanding that layer starts and we're again one step closer to getting the car painted!

Name:  IMG_4260.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  132.4 KBName:  IMG_4261.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  130.5 KBName:  IMG_4244.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  80.1 KBName:  IMG_4246.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  129.2 KB

The only thing i really wish I had sorted by now is the fuel cell.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T