Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: My Martini RSR build project

Patrick, I know nothing compared to the experts here, but that latching switch on the hood is an aircraft specific quick latch, still in wide use on new airplanes today. You press down on one side and the other side pops up and releases. Go to any of your local FBOs that service business jets and talk to the parts department, and show them the picture. They will show you one on a plane on the ramp and probably how to use it, once you see it operate you will completely understand. No doubt they can order them for you in the size you need.

On airliners we just popped them open, but on corporate and business jets we hold the spring loaded side, they thump the paint on the release side and the owners complain about chipped paint!
    Bill S

Is that the signature of Gijs van Lennep back in post #147?

Yes, that's Gijs' signature.
    Looks similar to the one he put on famous Sicilian shoemaker Ciccio's racing shoes after winning the race
    Name:  Francesco-Ciccio-Liberto-1.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  57.5 KB
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

I received two FEDEX shipments yesterday; the NOS High Butterfly set i bought here on the registry arrived, and I also - finally, after 16 or so months - received the Zuffenhaus 917/RSR brake calipers.
    A great day, as these are important components for the car, and it allows me to forget the pain ($$) of getting them here.
    FEDEX charge much more now there's less flights due to Covid and the Australian government wants 5% import duty and 10% gst on all imports. Finally, when they see the word 'brakes' they shoot into a panic and want to make sure there's no asbestos in there, obviously at the importers cost.
    Anyway, seeing what else is going on in the world these are really first-world problems so I'd better shut it; we really are a fortunate bunch here.

A few pictures of the brakes - almost a pity you're hardly going to see them behind the Fuchs rims eh?
    Name:  IMG_4468.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  107.3 KBName:  IMG_4469.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  136.6 KBName:  IMG_4470.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  87.4 KBName:  IMG_4471.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  98.7 KB
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T

Those are not ugly!!

There is no small piece of puzzle, at this level of detail, but this is definitively a big one.
    And certainly a very expensive one!!

Just a quick shoutout to Bill (V1 Rotate): thanks for the help in getting those hood latches Porsche used identified and providing me a link on where to buy them.
    They arrived in the mail today and look absolutely correct, when i compare them to the various pictures.
    Name:  IMG_4515.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  157.6 KB
    Name:  @9113600020-hooddetail.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  35.4 KB
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T

They look like standard aircraft inspection cover latches. They've been around for at least 75 years.

They may have been around for ever but always a great feeling when you identify and locate an important part ......

.....congrats Patrick, great find

Delighted to help Patrick, and I hope the rest of your parts are acquired as easily!
    Bill S