I've been lucky enough to complete two early 911's in recent years, the first was a 2.4E that I planned to modify but it was too nice and original so kept it stock. The second came about purely by chance as I was part way through my first build and it just had to be purchased (they were cheap back then!), I was gripped by the 911 bug and it gave me the chance to build the sports modified car of my dreams.

After two builds and 5 years of restoration I vowed I'd never do another......but as time passed the frustrations were forgotten, a void and itch remained and the more knowledgeable me started to wonder what other projects I'd like to do....

....eventually I decided I have two builds left in me if the opportunity ever came my way......the first is a 66/67 911 SWB Coupe, a simple and understated sports purpose gentlemans racer painted black with black trim and nice period touches. A classic early looking car in every respect except this one will have a 2.2S MFI engine in the back, 6&7R's with slightly modified rear arches and will be an R-inspired sleeper......when I have to simplify my life and sell my cars this will be the last toy left and my ideal 911. I already have a complete engine and prefect steering wheel, I truly hope it happens.

My second dream was to go wide.......I'm a narrow car guy through and through although can't deny wide bodied cars are damn sexy and with so much flared inspriration on this board the urge is pretty strong....

....dreaming is a wonderful thing with countless possibilities, it was just a question of where my wide bodied dreams would take me.....