Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Flares.....

Thanks guys, certainly made my day

Document #3053 Homologated....

Bumpers and Flares.....

....and with the shell now largely complete we're on to bumpers and flares....

.....although here we have something of a dilemma as the front bumper appears to be too wide......

....obviously all of these cars were hand built and flares varied with no two cars alike, however all cars share some basic characteristics and this area is pretty critical and something this car will be judged on....we have been given a couple of basic dimensions which don't seem to correspond with what we have.....if anyone can help point me in the direction of a good reference source it would be much appreciated?

Cheers

Darren those welds are too nice, have the trainee/apprentice do them....

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Darren those welds are too nice, have the trainee/apprentice do them....
    ....I'm with you Uli, I often have to remind Barry that I'd like it to look like Porsche did it and not Mr Carter......I'm afraid bish, bash, bosh just isn't in his repertoire!

Cheers,

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Here is a piece I picked up 25 years ago, still using it. G
    Attached Images Attached Images

Darren who made the front bumper.
    Try mark at eb motorsport,say i said to call him,he should be able to help on dimensions,looking good/

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    Here is a piece I picked up 25 years ago, still using it. G
    ....that is a lovely thing

....unfortunately I don't have my own and plan to have similar fabricated but I do now have some very nice authentic brackets to mount one on .....

Cheers,

More flares....

....dilemma was resolved yesterday when I packed up my Mac containing hundreds of RS reference photos and took it to Barry so we could make a firm decision on the positioning of the arches......

....after spending many hours scaling and measuring numerous cars we feel we now have positioning and shape correct and the flares are ready for welding.....

....scaling from photographs may not be ideal although it did prove a sound average and all of these vehicles differ anyway.....ultimately I think we've pretty much cracked it and the excellent arches supplied by Marek Lappock look perfect

I had hoped to spend some time taking measurements from an original 3.0RS I've been privileged to photograph close up previously but on this occasion the owner couldn't actually find it!.......and that's for real!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Darren65; 07-10-2020 at 01:29 PM.