looks great....

Love the colo(u)r! Well done!

Antoine

That car is BLUE!!! Very cool to see…
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

looks great...

I love Mex Blue....I still miss the first one I had...a 74 Euro Carrera. It's the car I most regret selling.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

1974 Behr 3.0 RS RSR Front Central Oil Cooler ....

I collected the first assembled oil cooler today for trial fitting.......

I also brought home a couple of spare end tanks that have now been machined which will enable me to demonstrate how the oil pressure relief valve works. To recap the end tanks have been cast using CAD scans from original castings meaning they're identical in shape and size both externally and internally, I was also fortunate to obtain all the dimensions and details from an original relief valve and these have now been manufactured exactly the same including the spring using the correct width wire and number of coils etc so they function just as they should.....

.....the finished cooler is to the exact same dimensions and looks of an original and I couldn't be happier with the end result. These have been produced by one of the worlds leading suppliers of aviation and racing radiators, coolers and motorsport fabrication based in the UK using their chosen supplier for the oil core and all will be correctly pressure tested and a fully functioning motorsport item. The final stage will see them coated in an Aluchrom 407 protective finish which will give them a greenish NOS appearance just as they were when new. I've had 10 coolers produced initially and the majority have been spoken for but have a couple spare if anyone is interested....

Cheers,
    Last edited by Darren65; 06-03-2022 at 12:55 AM.

Darren, it’s a pleasure to see a project so thoroughly studied and researched in order to get it positively perfect. Outstanding, young man!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183