Thread: engine without oil pressure that walked a few km. Realism in which it could have been

engine without oil pressure that walked a few km. Realism in which it could have been

I would like to be realistic with the engine. Right now the injection is dismantled, this is where I will arrive for now.
    Once the engine is located in the place of the garage that corresponds to it, I would really like to weigh what failures might have caused the fault and what could happen if it was circulated without oil pressure for a few km
    I would like to know what possible cases I can find, getting from the most serious to the smallest thing. I understand that if the engine was circulated without oil pressure, some km may have aggravated or damaged parts.
    What parts do they cost? They will have "spoiled" yes or yes? Possibilities of being an extremely serious problem or not.
    There was no puddle of oil when he lost the pressure, therefore we thought of pump clogging. I am well on my way? What cost can the pump repair have? I know it is a fairly general information but I would like to know a general opinion of the cases that I can find to manage budgets.
    I would not like to stay in the middle x)!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-08-08 at 12.14.01.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  109.0 KB

As you can see in the photo. One of the "collectors" is not able to remove it because a screw is "locked". I will have to devote some time to the extraction but at least I could withdraw the injection and the wiring. To remove the wiring I had to break a plastic stop that joined the cables at the end of the alternator housing!

Banned
    Absolutely no idea what this riddle means but I’ll take a stab:

No matter what supposedly happened to this motor you’ll need to completely disassemble, inspect, and measure to estimate repair expense.

However even a somewhat “healthy” 2.7 engine case usually requires at least $5k worth of machining to make it useable. If this motor truly ran low on oil pressure it’s a boat anchor.

Thanks Frank! From what I see it is more unintelligible than the translator thought! I will try in the next publications to take a little more time on it! .. That is exactly what I was asking. What situations I could find and what would be the most complicated to solve having those symptoms! I would like to be well prepared for when the mechanic is sent to have a bulky budget for "just in case"

How do you know it was without oil pressure? The electric gauge said so or you started to hear the rods and crank rattle?

My father said that on the highway he lost pressure. There is also a metallic noise with every turn of the engine! There is also a lot of movement in the crankshaft. My father thinks that this game (a mechanic many years ago said something like that) but I think it is difficult to break it and that it must be something else. I guess we have two problems.
    The one that caused the engine to fail
    and that my father has walked with the car without oil pressure but with oil for what I could get.
    What can I face? Excessive mechanical wear due to lack of lubrication?

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!

First: pull the oil sumps and check the magnets for ferrous metal chips. I had the electric gage stop working, which set my heart racing, until I tapped the gage and got oil pressure readings again.

member #1515
    Take it apart to learn, but as Frank said, way cheaper and better to buy a used engine from somewhere.
    Desármalo para aprender, y cómprate un motor operacional de repuesto.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

The screw was removed, had no trace of chips. I think in my post I posted a picture of the state in which it came out. They told me to cut the oil filter in half and check there. But I haven't done it yet. If I circulate without oil pressure, but with the oil inside there should also be friction damage by "general rule"? I thought when I removed that screw that there would find me some metal but no! so... ? I also checked the oil lines and one of them was crushed. Maybe that caused a bearing to burst and clog the pump? What you say about leaving this engine for learning and buying another one is about to study! here there is not much movement of this type of engines and customs charges etc. are expensive! An electric motor? : O Who knows ... But I would like to delve deeper into the engine. So unbalanced is the balance that I would better go for a "new" engine for the car? Thank you very much and sorry for my ineptitude with languages!
    And
    Mi padre me ve hacer eso y me da de "collejas". Quizas algun dia pero me falta mucho por aprender para meterme con ello!
    Salds!