"Men make their own history but they do not make it as they please."

An absolutely brilliant quote from one of my least-favorite communists; Karl Marx.

The thread below that includes a whopping 297 posts makes for a fascinating case study regarding intellectual property. When people post in a public forum, who does that info belong to? This topic has been discussed concerning the removal of prices after a Porsche thing has been sold but this thread brings up whether we as participants/members have the right to ultimately control a thread that we start.

Do we?

Do we believe that every jot and tittle that we post online can be memorialized? Is our only "control" as it relates to this forum the ability to go scorched earth as Raj did several years ago with his very childish act of deleting every single one of his thousands of posts?

I have no dog in this fight. I'm just curious as to what people think and the prevailing current attitudes of our culture. (In this situation I'll give credit where credit is due; it sounds like Chuck would have granted the OP's request had the OP provided a legitimate reason for removing said thread.)

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...1968-912-roots