Thread: Best collision repair and paint shop in Texas?

Best collision repair and paint shop in Texas?

One of my cars sustained some damage and it's more than I want to handle myself. I'm looking for someone to do the repair who really knows these cars. I have several people I'd trust out of state but nobody here in Texas. Anyone have a referral?

member #1515
    Jone Autowerkes has one of the best old time body guys I've ever seen. Carlos. He only comes in when needed now as he is up in years, but he does exceptional work. Note: they do not do paint in their shop anymore.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thanks, David. I know Bob and Kathy well and I know there's no paint happening over there any longer. Kathy is my first call on Monday for a referral.

I'm not sure how bad the car is or what your time frame is but Roy Smalley's shop Eurowerks in Campbell, TX does excellent work. He seems to mostly work on 356 and full restorations but you might contact him to see if he can fit you in. He put my '68 on the frame bench and did some work for me recently.

Roy's an excellent referral. Thank you! Can't imagine why I didn't think of him!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Roy's an excellent referral. Thank you! Can't imagine why I didn't think of him!
    Happy to have helped.

Late I know, but I just saw this today. The best shop in our area is probably Jeff's Resurrections in Taylor, TX. Only one I know of here thats actually prepped cars for Pebble Beach....
    Usually booked well down the road, but never hurts to ask. Great place to visit and look around.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Quote Originally Posted by silverc4s View Post
    Late I know, but I just saw this today. The best shop in our area is probably Jeff's Resurrections in Taylor, TX. Only one I know of here thats actually prepped cars for Pebble Beach....
    Usually booked well down the road, but never hurts to ask. Great place to visit and look around.
    Just saw this myself. Ditto Bill's comments: I have my 72T at Jeff's currently for body work. Jeff is knowledgeable on these cars and great communications along the entire journey with updates and photos.

Quote Originally Posted by tomg View Post
    Just saw this myself. Ditto Bill's comments: I have my 72T at Jeff's currently for body work. Jeff is knowledgeable on these cars and great communications along the entire journey with updates and photos.
    I like Jeff's work a lot but I disagree that he's particularly knowledgeable about these cars - unless something has changed drastically over the last couple years. That doesn't mean he can't do a great job on these cars, it just means that you should be an active participant in your restoration.

I appreciate the continued referrals but I was able to acquire a Celette and hire a very experienced metal guy who was retiring from Roy Smalley's shop and wanted to work some part-time hours so I've decided to repair the car in-house after all. Thanks to all who responded.

You are correct JP, Jeff's speciality is old British iron and to some extent other European stuff, but when everyone else turned up their nose at my crumpled rear fender, he had a guy pound it back into shape and even replaced a crappy fender flare with a butt welded replacenment.. I was pleased with the work. Been a few years, and his success has grown since then.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I like Jeff's work a lot but I disagree that he's particularly knowledgeable about these cars - unless something has changed drastically over the last couple years. That doesn't mean he can't do a great job on these cars, it just means that you should be an active participant in your restoration.

I appreciate the continued referrals but I was able to acquire a Celette and hire a very experienced metal guy who was retiring from Roy Smalley's shop and wanted to work some part-time hours so I've decided to repair the car in-house after all. Thanks to all who responded.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa