Thread: Fuchs wheel factory mistake??

Fuchs wheel factory mistake??

I have an original never mounted fuchs wheel. This wheel however has no indicated date stamp on it! Brought it in to 911 design in upland CA and they verified the wheel as being original and authentic. Is something that would make this wheel rare or worth more? Let me know. Thanks
    ATTACH=CONFIG]499468[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Lightbulb

I think not...

This is the info that has been posted here before:
    911 361 020 00 6X15 stock on 71.5-73 911Ss and the front of the 73 911RSs. Available on everything else.

If you want to make sure about the absents of a date, give Harvey Weidman at Weidman Wheels in Oroville CA. a call...

Hope this helps,
    cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

More modern Fuchs wheels also have the date stamp in the back of one spoke. Want to show us the last 2 spokes (non pictured above)?

I think I see a poor non legible date stamp at the bottom of the picture .

Your wheel is a 911 361 020 10. It probably is a late replacement wheel.
    There may or may not be a date. The date is for warranty not for us. Even some of the production line installed wheels didn't have dates.
    The date may be in a square in the back of a spoke like a later 16" wheel.
    The value would be related to someone using it as a never mounted spare on a concourse car.
    I have a (10) 6X15 also and just sold a (11) 7X15. The 7X15 sold for (it wasn't for sale,he offered) 1500 for a museum car.
    It may have had a tire installed? It does have a valve stem. Is the tire area untouched?
    HTH