Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoration of 1972 2.4 S Targa c/n 9112310827

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    With regards to the radio, Mike Fitton on the board, should know. Yes that style but with chrome surround if your car is a '72.
    Thank you Steve. I hope that Mike can weigh in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Pretty car. 72 is a fantastic year. Are you in S. Florida? Not to many "early" folks down here.
    Hi Scott - Yes! I am actually in SW Florida in Tampa Bay. The car was in North Port for 21 years. I agree there are not many vintage cars here in FL overall versus other parts of the US. Looking forward to getting to know the early Porsche community in the sunshine state. Al the best, David

Quote Originally Posted by deichenb View Post
    Thank you - directness is appreciated. I agree that the mirrors and the headlights are low-hanging fruit and will be corrected. The mirror was driver's-side only and this style, yes? https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/143340...kaAg1ZEALw_wcB. I am already in touch with John Audette and need to decide whether I will go with US-delivery sugar scoops (unlikely), H1's, or early H4's. I am happy to hear your opinion on the best choice.
    The mirror in that link looks like the incorrect larger '74-up model; You need the smaller one. US delivery (scoop) was different from Euro-spec (H1). I personally like the Euro-spec (so that would be H1), but if you deviated from "factory-spec", there's a lot of options , as John Audette can show you. :-)
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

Wiper Arms?

Wiper arms and all associated hardware are black anodized. I think that is correct for the car?

Black yes, but those are mounted wrong.The bent one is on the right most post, and the straight one goes on the left. For some reason this is a common mistake.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by deichenb View Post
    Thank you! Here is the car. I’ll start with a few easy questions:

(1) Should the front horn grill trim be black or chrome?
    (2) What is the correct steering wheel?
    (3) Is there a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio specific for 1972?
    (4) Did US cars have these rear lenses?

All the best,
    David Attachment 500173Attachment 500174
    First do you have the COA on your car? Euro Delivery or USA, does it list a radio as being original equipment? If no then you have a few choices but the 2 most obvious ones are a Blaupunkt Frankfurt or a Becker Grand Prix/Europa. Here is a Frankfurt installed in a '72 car.

Name:  72Radio.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  64.3 KB
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

If you need any reference photos, I have fairly original sibling. PM is best.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Black yes, but those are mounted wrong.The bent one is on the right most post, and the straight one goes on the left. For some reason this is a common mistake.
    Thank you edmayo. I will switch them. I would have probably missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    First do you have the COA on your car? Euro Delivery or USA, does it list a radio as being original equipment? If no then you have a few choices but the 2 most obvious ones are a Blaupunkt Frankfurt or a Becker Grand Prix/Europa. Here is a Frankfurt installed in a '72 car.
    Hi Mike, Thank you. The PO did not have a COA on the car but I have applied for the (new) PPS. I will eventually get a CTC on it too, but the PPS should let me know if the car came OEM with the radio. Thank you for the picture of the Frankfurt - I will look for one that matches that one if it's a Frankfurt car.

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    If you need any reference photos, I have fairly original sibling. PM is best.
    Thank you! I am grateful that you have a reference car. PM forthcoming.