Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 300090

Welcome Philippe, what a great thread, and great that you share all this information and pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    Welcome Philippe, what a great thread, and great that you share all this information and pictures!
    Jesse,
    Thank you for this positive feedback!
    Philippe

Need help for the paint code plate that is in poor condition.

Hi experts,

It's clear that the plate is in too bad condition to be reinstalled on the car:

Name:  300090-paintCodePlate-01.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  147.9 KB

Do you know if the Porsche factory could supply a new plate with the punched numbers?
    Could you advise a company that provides plates with punched numbers using the same font that was used by the factory in 1964?

Thanks again for your help.
    Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by 300090 View Post
    Hi experts,

It's clear that the plate is in too bad condition to be reinstalled on the car:

Name:  300090-paintCodePlate-01.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  147.9 KB

Do you know if the Porsche factory could supply a new plate with the punched numbers?
    Could you advise a company that provides plates with punched numbers using the same font that was used by the factory in 1964?

Thanks again for your help.
    Philippe
    there is no 100% correct paint tag available nor a stamping service i know of.
    IM offers a service but it`s not punched but ingraved...looks awfull in my opinion.
    the closest tag on the market is the one from...(hmmm just forgot but have it on my other computer).
    for #96 i will have the stamps made and punch them myself...if you are not in a hurry i`l do one for you as well...
    br
    f

if you could send me a high resolution pic of the tag next to a tape measure that would be great to get the stamps in the correct size..you got my mailaddress
    Attached Images Attached Images  

While the plate and background are in poor condition the stamps are great and it is original so why not use it rather than create replica of it which from replies seem poor? Sometimes it seems a pity to lose patina from cars life it's originality in pursuit of faux perfection when car is after all fifty plus years. Your call but just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    While the plate and background are in poor condition the stamps are great and it is original so why not use it rather than create replica of it which from replies seem poor? Sometimes it seems a pity to lose patinal of cars life it's originality in pursuit of faux perfection when car is fifty plus years. Your call but just a thought.
    #96 was missing the tag but i agree #90 tag is worth saving...will look nice and honest once cleaned and touched up a bit...würth boltex does a good job in removing overspray...

+1 for going with the original paint tag
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    While the plate and background are in poor condition the stamps are great and it is original so why not use it rather than create replica of it which from replies seem poor? Sometimes it seems a pity to lose patina from cars life it's originality in pursuit of faux perfection when car is after all fifty plus years. Your call but just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    #96 was missing the tag but i agree #90 tag is worth saving...will look nice and honest once cleaned and touched up a bit...würth boltex does a good job in removing overspray...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    +1 for going with the original paint tag

You win!
    Thank you for your aware advice.
    First I will clean the plate with the product indicated by moito.

But how to repair the corners?
    How to fix the plate on the door jamb while some holes are missing?

Anyway, we have time to choose and then apply the best solution.

Philippe

PS: Sorry for my poor English

got to keep the original one, flaws and all - it tells its own part of the story...
    Votre anglais c'est meilleur de la français de la majorité ici!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I thought this place stamped the new plates: https://im356-911.com/
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!