Thread: Eng popping when decelerating / exhaust leak repair

Eng popping when decelerating / exhaust leak repair

Car is a 70T w/Zeniths

I am getting some popping when decelerating that is getting Louder as of late and thinking the exhaust leak that I have behind the lower point of this bracket (see pic) is the issue. The bracket is no longer connected at this point. I hope this is the only leak but will be checking for others this wknd.

Also aware that this may be a carb issue (comments welcome).

What is the best product/procedure to repair a hole like this?

Thanks

Name:  CFD22848-29CF-4A75-9E61-DCA06B50CB30.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  102.1 KB

Try JB Weld.It should hold long enough to rule out or confirm the cause.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Will try extreme heat JB thanks
    Last edited by Blink; 09-12-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Is it time for SSIs?
    James Hurst #1638
    R Gruppe #514
    911T with 2.2S Ps and Cs, Solex grind Cams and PMO 40mm

Will definitely getting SSIs when its time to replace them. The hole behind that strap was about 3/4 inch long, the JB weld made a big difference.. I have been out for 2 test drives, a few small pops the first time, none on the second run and I made an effort to recreate backfire conditions - decelerating/down hill, esp when pushing it a bit. Not sure how long it will hold.. short of replacing, I assume it would be way better to get a weld repair.