Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Partsklassik Relocate to NY?

Did Partsklassik Relocate to NY?

They are showing a New York address (that is a UPS store). Not flagstaff. Kurt did the restoration work on my car back in 2014 or so, but when i talked to him said they were now mostly focusing on their online store and don't do too much in-house mechanical work...

I sent my CDI box to Kurt in AZ just 7 weeks ago.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Call Him ?

Regards

I called about a part & got someone in NY. Seems like they have another warehouse also? Several years ago I phoned and talked to a lady that was quite knowledgeable and pleasant to talk with too. The guy in NY, seems to know his parts too. Just Flagstaff is a lot closer to NV?
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

There have been some changes to the company but Kurt and Sarah are still quite involved. Some of the processes and parts have moved to NY, and others remain in AZ. They are working on starting another business, so they needed to bring in some additional help.

I still use Partsklassik for some of my brand new wiring loom needs, and I still use them for my distributors. The new guy in NY, Mike, seems to be on the ball.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    There have been some changes to the company but Kurt and Sarah are still quite involved. Some of the processes and parts have moved to NY, and others remain in AZ. They are working on starting another business, so they needed to bring in some additional help.

I still use Partsklassik for some of my brand new wiring loom needs, and I still use them for my distributors. The new guy in NY, Mike, seems to be on the ball.
    Good to know, thanks!

Just talked to the Arizona folks on Wednesday, so they are definitely still there.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Has anyone tried Partsklassic’s coils? I bought a set for my twin plug 2.8 and they failed after three years and about 5000 miles. They told me it was all my fault and send me a standard email telling me all the reasons that my coils failed. I had problems tuning and problems with high RPM power for e few years. I was trying to remedy them by tuning the carbs. Lo and behold one completely failed so I installed my original Bosch coils and the engine ran perfectly. Has anyone bought them? They were $180 each. I gues I drank the Kool Aid.

my partsklassik coils were just as bad as bertsboat, failed miserably.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Quote Originally Posted by Bertsboat View Post
    Has anyone tried Partsklassic’s coils? I bought a set for my twin plug 2.8 and they failed after three years and about 5000 miles. They told me it was all my fault and send me a standard email telling me all the reasons that my coils failed. I had problems tuning and problems with high RPM power for e few years. I was trying to remedy them by tuning the carbs. Lo and behold one completely failed so I installed my original Bosch coils and the engine ran perfectly. Has anyone bought them? They were $180 each. I gues I drank the Kool Aid.
    I had the same exact experience as you are describing, except mine didn't fail - it was defective from the moment I plugged it in. They did take mine back as a return - so at least the did make good with me.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)