Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FS: 1971 911e/r

Have seen this car posted online in multiple places besides here. A bit over exposed, but I like the car as it checks a bunch of boxes for a hot rod. Plus the things I don't like about it are easily changed. Price is also now more realistic....kind of. My opinion is that "copies" or "tributes" can be a tough sell. Its better to have a theme that may hark back to certain 911s, but has a personality and look of its own. Secondly, the hot-rod market has shifted to a breed of buyers that think a 3.6 is a better idea in an early chassis, typically guys that have never driven an early car with a built 2.0, 2.2, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0....in my opinion, infinitely more fun than something that overwhelms the chassis. My current 911 (which I will be selling) has a stock 3.2. Plenty of motor for a good time, just like the 2.7 in this car. I hope that this car finds a home here on the East Coast and is enjoyed as it is now. Good luck with the sale!
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Couldn't have said it better Keith. 90's engines in early 70's cars increase performance numbers like Torque, HP etc. But they take away the small displacement, light weight, go kart feel of the car, where the real fun is for me. A built 3.6L engine is better served in an 80-90's car. The early 911 cars were never considered underpowered (except maybe the 1968-769 2.0 911T ;-) )
    And even a 68-69 911T still has the lightweight feel and character and charm that goes missing once the motor size goes above 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    Have seen this car posted online in multiple places besides here. A bit over exposed, but I like the car as it checks a bunch of boxes for a hot rod. Plus the things I don't like about it are easily changed. Price is also now more realistic....kind of. My opinion is that "copies" or "tributes" can be a tough sell. Its better to have a theme that may hark back to certain 911s, but has a personality and look of its own. Secondly, the hot-rod market has shifted to a breed of buyers that think a 3.6 is a better idea in an early chassis, typically guys that have never driven an early car with a built 2.0, 2.2, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0....in my opinion, infinitely more fun than something that overwhelms the chassis. My current 911 (which I will be selling) has a stock 3.2. Plenty of motor for a good time, just like the 2.7 in this car. I hope that this car finds a home here on the East Coast and is enjoyed as it is now. Good luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    ... "copies" or "tributes" can be a tough sell. Its better to have a theme that may hark back to certain 911s, but has a personality and look of its own. Secondly, the hot-rod market has shifted to a breed of buyers that think a 3.6 is a better idea in an early chassis, typically guys that have never driven an early car with a built 2.0, 2.2, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0....in my opinion, infinitely more fun than something that overwhelms the chassis.
    Kieth,
    I also like the way you said this. It took me ten years of buying and selling cars to land on the one I have now which has 2.4 liters of displacement. It is almost impossible to put into words what it is about the driving experience of a long hood with a period engine. We have all heard it said in application to the American Muscle Car that "there is no replacement for displacement", but I think this certainly isn't true when it comes to an early Porsche.
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

something is weird on another site. "Classic cars for sale-UK". same car advertised for 50,000 british pounds. Has a phone number and contact info, stating he is from Palm Beach. Ad also states RHD???

Some one is scamming this car.

LINK: https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk...1/aetv98216483
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)

Sold....locally
    Last edited by Seafeye; 06-03-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Congrats! I really wanted your car, but couldn't do it for another 2-3 months. New owner should love it. Going to be tough for you seeing it locally. My outlaw went out of state - so the only time I might see it - is at a major Porsche event
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)