Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust but Verify, I broke my own rule. .

Which transmission? A 930 making 340-400 hp is capable of more torque than a 915 will be happy with long term.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Which transmission? A 930 making 340-400 hp is capable of more torque than a 915 will be happy with long term.
    I agree but to remain happily married for now it'll be a 915.

My friend and well known Holbert's and Brumos race mechanic Bob Russo will be building the 915 with limited slip.
    Matthew J. Mariani BSID, Member 32689
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
    I agree but to remain happily married for now it'll be a 915.
    I heard that!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I heard that!
    I never beat on my cars, any of them let alone something like this. The motor can live with 1,2 bar boost but the K27 is more efficient at 1bar and knowing me I'll likely dial it back a little more. At 1 bar in it's current intercooler and euro heat exchangers state, it makes 340 bhp with SC cams, and the Tial wastegate adds 30 bhp btw. My first VW had about that!!
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer View Post
    I never beat on my cars, any of them let alone something like this. The motor can live with 1,2 bar boost but the K27 is more efficient at 1bar and knowing me I'll likely dial it back a little more. At 1 bar in it's current intercooler and euro heat exchangers state, it makes 340 bhp with SC cams, and the Tial wastegate adds 30 bhp btw. My first VW had about that!!
    Maybe some of this:

https://www.wevo.com/Products/Transm...SideCovers.htm
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Yup, planned on this. Best not to let things start moving out of spec under load.
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Finally a little color on the all steel 3,3 Turbo S-T.

I woke up thinking about the 1,3 multiplier ..= 4,3 liter woohoo!

The 3,3 is the nut and bolt rebuild/restoration by Brian, Owner operator at RarelyL8 and originally he built it for himself but needed to sell.
    I'm buying it from Chris who bought a more insane 930 motor. It's still at zero miles and has SC cams, Euro CIS (which is good to 400 WHP), Euro heat exchangers, K27 and Tial wastegate.

I helped a friend sell his euro '79 930 with this exact upgraded motor and I loved it! It was so nice to drive, it weighed 2700+ pounds iirc. It made about 340 horsepower with stock intercooler. I'll need to upgrade the intercooler for another 30 -40 hp, I dont need more power but the original intercooler is very undersized. It's safer for the motor with a better new design.

My car will be lighter by I hope 400 pounds or more.

Upon further research I'm canning the 915 trans for a 930 4 speed unit
    Which was designed to handle the torque and heat.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Fixer; 05-14-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Haverford Pennsylvania

More color. Nardo is much nicer in natural light.
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Detailed the tub for assembly and painted trims that'll be flat black Glasurit.
    Last edited by Fixer; 05-20-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Love the grey color and details....
    How is your wrist and elbow holding up form all the drilling?
    I drilled over 400 spot welds for new 1/4’s , and floors and had several days when needed for muscle recovery !
    Excellent work
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)