Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SWB ballast resistor bypass relay, cover ink stamped or not

Looking good Casey!

I will send you an email later.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Hi

What type of printing process its used to make these decals?

Is it a local print shop, or something more advanced?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcnagel View Post
    Here is my first test decal. I'm still playing with the font. Going to the printer to have the laser white done.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Here is my first test decal. I'm still playing with the font. Going to the printer to have the laser white done.
    What is the status? Are these available?

Richard

Hi Richard,

The laser printed black came out well and were pretty easy. I had trouble finding a good white inkjet solution. I ended up making up a silk screen with several options. Let me know how I can help you out? I know I owe you a favor or two.

Best

Casey
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Had some trouble with the white laydown. I'm going to do the black ones over with another technique.

Hi Richard,

The laser printed black came out well and were pretty easy. I had trouble finding a good white inkjet solution. I ended up making up a silk screen with several options. Let me know how I can help you out? I know I owe you a favor or two.

Best

Casey
    Sent you a PM.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Best

Casey
    i very much doubt that a made in germany print was on a 67 dated relay

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    i very much doubt that a made in germany print was on a 67 dated relay
    Seems dates started in 68? Maybe some late 67?
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Quote Originally Posted by juche_namja View Post
    Seems dates started in 68? Maybe some late 67?

earliest date stamp i have recordings of is 3/67
    many different layouts

i have had my stamps made at trodat
    don`t think that the ink for the black relays was as white as in post#24... more of a greyish white or even silver...remember when rubbing off the stamp with a black cloth it left some metallic effect
    Attached Images Attached Images    

All my relays on my 68’ Targa were dated 6/67. The actual build month being 9/67. The black relays alway seem to look the worst since they are in the trunk and engine compartment. The top of my relay in the engine compartment was pretty rusted over. I used an image of a nos relay I found online. Pretty easy to remove “made in Germany” or the date.