Thread: TEKA Automaten Info

TEKA Automaten Info

I have recently purchased a nice pair of 3 point TEKA Automaten seat belts. Photo is shown below. Over the years, this is the 3rd set I have had the privilege of owning. I have a 65 356 C, and both of the previous sets had the chrome buckle with the two parallel indents on the buckle face.

As you can see, this set is later than the first ones I have owned, and it has the black plastic face on the buckle and different sliders on the belt. The clasps/hooks and the webbing are the same as the earlier pairs.

I've seen several sets on this type (black plastic face on the buckle) here on the Early 911S Registry, but I wonder if you folks have any data as to when the cross over from chrome buckle to plastic happened. Maybe someone with the belts showing on their Kardex and so they know their belts came with their car? At some point these were the standard factory install in the early 911, but what I am trying to figure out is if these are appropriate for my car. My 356 has a January 1965 build date.

Sorry I am an originality freak and wonder about such things. I'm not well known here, except maybe as the guy who makes the PORSCHE PHOENIX fan belts, but I've owned Porsches for a little over 40 years now, so not new in that respect.

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Paul

I believe it was in 65 sometime. This is just a wild guess, though. I don't think any US cars got them, either.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim. That has been my theory as well, but I'm hoping to pin it down with some data.
    I did discover this-
    I am attaching two photos. The one with the D on the back side of the buckle is from the 3 point belts I show in the original post. These are clearly the type most often sought by early 911 guys. The other photo is the back side of a previous set of TEKA belts I had- ones with chrome buckles. The stamp is different. I suspect, but cannot prove that there was some change at TEKA such as the change to the creation of Kangol-TEKA. (Google it). Not sure when this happened.
    Anyway, just postulating.
    Given my car is early 1965 production, I may not ever know.

I have a set of TEKA three pointers with black buckles and the shield with the U stamp. They came on a '66 912.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Paul, I have a decent collection of Teka belts both 356 and 911 used and NOS. I have seen various versions with regard to the stamping on the backs. Sadly I have no data on when the went from the chrome to the plastic buckle. I do know that the black webbing was only offered on the 9001 and 9002 option codes if I remember correctly. Best JK

Thanks Joris-
    Beginning to look like these belts are correct for early 911 but not for my 65 production 356 C.

I also have the mushroom shaped fittings for the rear seat area, so thought I was all set to go.
    Rats!
    Thanks for the replies though!
    Paul
    http://www.enginesinback.com

these bolts will fit 100%....
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Mounting-Bolts

jimmyT has also the correct eye bolts
    for the teka, which you definitely
    need!!

br
    haul