Thread: FS: @Cars Dawydiak - 9112101570 . . .

FS: @Cars Dawydiak - 9112101570 . . .

. . . @Cars Dawydiak . . .

VIN = 9112101570
    ENG# = 61224156 (?)
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

'. . . 1972 Porsche 911 T Light Yellow with Black Leatherette interior Featured in the Classic Porsche Magazine July-August 2018 issue.
    The current owner purchased this car from a Neighbor in California in 1998 after selling his Weekend Driver, the car was very original with the exception of the MFI System, that had been replaced at some point with a set of Weber 40 IDAs and the front bumper which was replaced with a glassfiber RS-style piece.
    In 2000 the current Owner started a long restoration project himself.

One of the reason the owner kept this car in his collection the longest was the exclusiveness of the 1972 911 which for only one year had the unique design of the oil filter door on the front of the right wheel well.

Porsche had decided to move the oil tank forward to help weight distribution, the design only lasted one year due to inattentive consumers and gas station attendants who would put gas in the oil tank.

The owner carried out the majority of the restoration work himself in his garage with the exception of the interior trim.
    For a home grown restoration this car is hard to beat.

The "Sugar Scoop " Headlights were part of the original specification and kept intact rather than swapping to Euro-spec headlights units.
    The (Original Engine)2.4 -liter engine was rebuilt by the owner as once a Mechanic in the Air Force this was familiar territory but enlisted the help of a friend to rebuild the gearbox.

Out on the Road once again, the restored 6911 T is a delight to drive, but soaring values of these early cars is prompting the owner to consider selling the car to make way for a new project. This car has the Original Engine and Transmission and is a matching numbers car.

The car will be delivered with the COA from Porsche, the service records and receipts as well as a copy of the Classic Porsche Magazine July -august 2018 Issue
    . . .'

Ask = $80k

https://www.carsauto.com/1972-porsche-911-t-c-1836.htm

Previous mentions/appearances . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...=1#post1004693
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...=1#post1004696

(Not mine)

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

All sorts of recent history on this car . . .
    January 2019 - List on eBay with a BIN price of US$116,000
    January 2019 - Also part of a Scam Ad on CL
    February 2019 - List on BaT but did not sell; highest bid was US$67k
    September 2019 - First listed at Cars Dawydiak for US$85,900
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Now . . .

. . . $64.9k

Still needs MFI, but HEY . . .

. . . how much is in your project?

Attached Images Attached Images

The original interior of this car is brown color right?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . $64.9k

Quote Originally Posted by cdang View Post
    The original interior of this car is brown color right?
    Thanks
    It appears you are correct:
    72T CoA.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Interesting. Last listed for sale by Dawydiak back in Sept 2019. Who has the car for sale now?

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Interesting. Last listed for sale by Dawydiak back in Sept 2019. Who has the car for sale now?
    Same: https://www.carsauto.com/1972-porsche-911-t-c-1836.htm
    Currently in between Porsches. Sold my 73.5T Targa, now suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms. Attending Rennsport Reunion VI didn't really help getting over it.

Past: '73.5T Targa, '12 991S Cab, '07 987

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . $64.9k

Well, I'm into my 18 month project (mostly complete now) for a bit less than the current ask. Mine also has a fresh amateur built motor, but has its correct MFI, and a few other things that might be considered better or more "correct" than this one. I have mine insured for $70k.

On the other side, I love the Light Yellow, and it looks like a reasonable driver as it is now. The current ask is a bit below the high bid on BaT in Feb. 2019. Can't duplicate this for the price unless you do most everything yourself. So I think the price is in the ballpark now. Could make a someone a nice weekend car.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic