Please excuse my header as I have not posted much here before, so apologies if I have missed the same / similar thread elsewhere on this forum. I was not able to find such when using the search bar above. I should point out, i've not built a 911 engine before, so i'm not coming from a position of great knowledge here (aside from reading Paul Frere's 911 Story, and Bruce Anderson's book).

I have a '71T that I want to warm up from 49yr old stock configuration. Car was delivered new with S Calipers, Koni suspension, and 5 speed, so a warmer engine I feel might be a nice touch. I should point out, the car will be running F/R 16mm anti sway bars, and CR6ZZ tyres on 6X15 flat Fuchs. Having said this, I'd like to stay as original as I can, without getting silly. I did speak to one learned Porsche mechanic in the US, who's engine advise was; 1) bore 84 steel jugs to 85mm, 2) retain unbalanced 66mm crank, as under 2.4 it can handle more revs (he said ~9000), and 3) move to S cams. Other mentions were; porting, stronger valve springs, Ti spring retainers, lighter Carillo rods (ok, he said Ti ~450g/ rod), and re-jetted 40IDA 3C/1, which I have.

In a nutshell, this configuration was suggested as being able generate ~220hp.

Just wondering if this configuration makes sense for a fast(er) street motor, without going all out?

Any thoughts / comments / suggestions are most welcome.