Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 901 #6, vin 13326, salon internationale de l´auto Genève, 12.-22.03.1964

well, here we go,
    the full story of Mr. Ruf getting 13326 at his 19th birthday…

https://christophorus.porsche.com/en...rsche-911.html

pictures by Markus Bolsinger
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by haul; 03-14-2023 at 12:38 PM.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

thanks for posting this thread and the links. Its a nice car in a nice color and a fun history.

so many 356 parts:
    key switch, light switch, window lift lever, shift knob, dash ventilation levers,
    so many other interesting things:
    the heavy texture paint on dash, headliner fabric on the A pillar, leather shift boot, and that grab handle...(which was also a feature on 356, tho different) (I wonder how many early cars had these grab handles? (this is I think the first I have ever seen)
    Name:  enamel blue car.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  82.1 KB
    Last edited by Scott A; 03-14-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Such a cool story ...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

yes a cool story---i find it a bit hard to belive that ruf did not have the idea to have a look at the VIN earlier...not saying it`s made up since many unbelivable things happened to me also.just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    yes a cool story---i find it a bit hard to belive that ruf did not have the idea to have a look at the VIN earlier...not saying it`s made up since many unbelivable things happened to me also.just wondering.
    Exactlly. Now it reads like a Hollywood story. If you have restored 5-6 901’s and the vin is the only tell it’s very early 901/911, than you missed a lot of tell’s earlier. In 69 it must have been hard to disguise a 901.

Nevertheless it’s a nice one, same league as Barbarossa.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Nice car, but I don't believe it's the example displayed in London in 1963

Quote Originally Posted by one-two View Post
    Nice car, but I don't believe it's the example displayed in London in 1963
    Robert,
    I am 100% sure 13326 was in London on display in 1963. Have proof here, but cannot show yet.
    jurisdictional issues…
    btw I updated the first thread according to the new informations

br
    haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

That's very interesting Haul, I had thought it was 13325. I look forward to seeing the new info when possible. Best wishes, Robert

I did some homework on the company of Mr. Vetter in Fellbach.

Since 1922, "Walter Vetter - vehicle and body construction" has developed into one of the leading bus manufacturers in Germany. In addition to Mercedes and Büssing, almost all chassis from German manufacturers such as Faun, Henschel, Magirus-Deutz, Hanomag and MAN were used in Vetter buses. Since the chassis manufacturers sold regular service buses themselves after the Second World War, Walter Vetter limited himself to building coaches. It was a little different with articulated buses. The first articulated bus left the factory in 1955. At the 1965 IAA, a double-decker bus built by Vetter for city tours caused quite a stir. It was based on an underbody from Mercedes. In the meantime, there has also been a strong concentration in German bus construction. This meant that in Germany practically only the Mercedes chassis was available for bus coachbuilders. Until 1977, most articulated buses based on Mercedes came from Vetter. That changed when Mercedes presented its own articulated bus this year. As a result, the production of articulated buses at Vetter also collapsed and was limited to a few copies that were built as in-house designs. From 1979, Mercedes also expanded into the high-decker segment. The resulting cut-throat competition meant that bus production was stopped on March 31, 1984. The fifth largest bus manufacturer in Germany disappeared from the market. But not quite. The repair work was removed from the comparative mass and could continue to work on a small scale. Today the company deals with repairs, classic car restorations and the manufacture of special vehicles.

https://wvetter.de
    Last edited by haul; 03-15-2023 at 02:17 PM.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

As mentioned in #1 Mr. Vetter was 1932 involved in the built of the streamlined body of the Mercedes-Benz SSKL
    which, driven by Manfred von Brauchitsch, won the international AVUS race that year.

but this is a different story
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo