Latest update: Name:  9D165D79-B010-4A44-BAAF-5402DE92EF30.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  102.6 KB
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa

No Luft

Hotel cancelled my reservation this morning.

Dear Valued Guest,

Every day brings new developments related to COVID-19, and as we navigate through these uncertain times and challenging circumstances we do so with the safety of both our guests and our employees as highest priority. As global, national and local authorities continue to issue guidance directed at slowing the spread of the virus, we must also do our part. In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic and the shelter-in-place ordinance for Durham, we are suspending hotel operations at 21c Durham, effective Noon on Saturday, March 28. This temporary hotel closure means a suspension of all services including overnight stays, events, spa, and our restaurant, Counting House. If your travel is flexible, we would love to find an alternative time for you to come visit our beautiful property. Otherwise please contact Expedia to arrange other accommodations. This is a challenging time for our city and beyond, and our hearts go out to all who have been impacted. We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation and stay in close communication with our dedicated guests and employees to ensure that our community is informed, connected and supported through these trying times. Thomas Bridgers We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for being a loyal guest. Though we are navigating through a time of extreme challenge and uncertainty, we remain optimistic about the future and look forward to resuming operations and welcoming you back to the hotel soon. If you have questions or concerns, please call (919) 956-6700 so a representative can further assist you.
    Thank you,

Kristin Drake General Manager 21c Museum Hotel Durham
    Last edited by sithot; 03-31-2020 at 05:15 AM.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

And this is the host hotel !!??!!
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa

Quote Originally Posted by govols! View Post
    We're far from out of the woods regarding COVID-19. Stay home and relax.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by govols! View Post
    I don't think it was ever announced as the "Official" hotel but is highly likely that it was. I'm still waiting for word from Luft on a cancellation. When that happens I will spend a fair amount of time cancelling reservations at multiple hotels and motels between the Bay Area and Durham.

Regards

Jim

Now November 1st... manage your bookings... hope to meet many of you there - assuming I'm allowed across the border!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

^^^

Luft 7: rescheduled to November 1, 2020

In light of the global Coronavirus pandemic, we feel it is our responsibility to postpone Luftgekühlt 7. The new date of this year’s event has been moved to November 1, 2020.

The decision was made with regard to recommendations from local and national health authorities and after consultation with the city of Durham, North Carolina, and our venue hosts.

We are happy to assure you that the original location and format of our previously scheduled gathering will remain intact for this fall, subject to us all doing our part and getting through this challenging period.

Updates and ticket information will come at a later date via our website mailing list and social channels.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I would appreciate hearing from those who are getting email updates from the Luft folks (I signed up them several months ago to receive updates, et. and have never received one) if they ever acknowledged where in Durham the event was going to be held in May and now November. I just changed my hotel reservations but am only guessing at this point if I picked a convenient place of not. Thank you