Thread: Private Tour of the Petersen with Bruce Meyer

Private Tour of the Petersen with Bruce Meyer

I'm going to be heading out to SoCal sometime this spring and taking a private tour of the Petersen Automotive Museum with Bruce Meyer. If you don't know Bruce, he's the Founding Chairman of the Petersen and the ultimate "car guy":

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/b...ile-cars-life/

Should be a good time and a behind-the-scenes chance to see the Petersen collection close-up and very personal.

I thought it'd be fun to invite a few of my Porsche friends along for the day. I want to keep it small, but I can accommodate a few of my fellow members if there's any interest. I haven't settled on a date with Bruce yet but it's going to be at least spring before I can make room on my calendar so we have some time. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll keep you in the loop as plans are made.

I would be interested in the Petersen visit. I have high interest in what he has to say and share.
    I don't live down there, but have several family members in the area.
    scottA

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

That’s going to be fun. Bruce is a friend but then he’s a friend of every car guy. Just a fantastic person. Forget the Peterson and see if he’ll show you his private collection in Rodeo Drive and a few choice cars at his house too.

His ‘32 fords are amazing. And Greg Whitten should never have sold him that 250gt SWB SEFAC that won its class at LeMans, but I’m glad Bruce has it now.

He’s the ultimate car guy. Steve McQueen even bought his speedster back from Bruce! Best man cave ever as well.
    Last edited by rower; 12-29-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Highly recommend the Vault tour--the long one, in particular. I am a docent at the museum and cannot even begin to describe how amazing all the automotive history underground is, and the cars too.