Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: early Cosmic 5.5J X 15 wheels 5 x 130

Cosmic sold various bits and bobs dress up accesories quite commonly seen in UK where they were based. Regular advertiser in the many "go faster" car magazines that were popular in that era for example these from magazine dating from the summer 73. Had a catalogue of Cosmic brand accessories not just wheels.

By comparison British Minilite were the go to lightweight performance wheel for people who were racing ans rallying; more so than the Cosmic wheel offerings iirc. Minilite from era appear on a rally Carrera RS in same edition but they don't always age well and need to be checked carefully.

IMG_20200122_134025.jpg
    IMG_20200122_133929.jpg

Not best pics but images gives the idea of how Cosmic pitched to the go faster boys back in the day. Both these Cosmic adverts were in same edition of same magazine so they were clearly spending a lot on marketing their accessory stuff in national magazines and through their cosmic catalogues etc.

Used to see a lot of them around on various cars here in 70s; not so much on a Porsche 911 however as owners were probably a different segment to main target volume market bearing in mind how expensive Porsche were ( in 73 the mid range 911 E was about twice an E Type Jag) so RHD 911 only sold in hundreds of cars per annum so wonder how many sets Cosmic sold in the relevant configuration even with their big marketing campaigns. Not many for Porsche 911 I'd guess.

Hope the info/ bump helps.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-22-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Junior Mitglied
    Midnight bump to the top

Price adjustment $2600 plus shipping

Thanks Steve for the info. I just learn something new.

Junior Mitglied
    Monday Bump for an original untouch set of early Cosmic wheels

Price Adjusted $2500 plus shipping

Junior Mitglied
    Phoenix Club Meet 2020

cosmic side.jpgcosmic angle.jpg

ATS Classics⬆️⬆️⬆️
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Are these available still I know it’s a year old but I am interested name is Joel let me know thanks