Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Cris Huergas

This from daughter Jessica and the Huergas family...

'It is with heavy hearts that we regretfully acknowledge that my dad passed away this morning. He fought a good fight and in his final days he was blessed to have been surrounded by many people who loved and adored him. He died peacefully in the presence of family and he is now at rest. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers and will keep everyone informed regarding the details of his services.'
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

RIP to my good friend.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Very sad news. RIP Chris. You will not be forgotten.

Saw Cris on Saturday, at a very well attended birthday party in Alameda. It was obvious he wasn't doing well, just as it was at EASY a while ago, but he was still sharp and—while he couldn't communicate with you—it was obvious he knew what was going on. So he had to feel the love from his family, who was there, and from this community—both those who were present on Saturday and those who supported him and his family. And he got one last ride in a 911, and not without some (fun) drama.

Godspeed, my friend, and condolences to all who lost a friend this day.

pete

Rest in heavenly peace Cris,
    Deep condolences to the family.
    Last edited by Rico; 01-06-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    Steve

I always enjoyed Chris and that East Bay bad-boy image, but he tempered it with his spirit of genuine kindness, sincere enthusiasm, and unwavering camaraderie.

I hope that nobody minds open pipes in heaven!

— David

Oh man, so sorry to hear. RIP, Chris. It was good to know you.
    JD
    Current: 997.2 Targa 4S - black on black - AWE exhaust components
    Gone - not forgotten: 996 C4S - silver/black, 993 Targa - GP white/black, 993 Targa - black/tan, 2.2 S - lt. ivory / black ()

Very sad news.

Like Dave (Cornpanzer) Cris & his car were a big influence in the early days of my modified Porsche ownership &, although I'm the other side of the pond, I was lucky enough to have spent some time in his company,

A huge loss - he will be greatly missed ... but fondly remembered.

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Cris is indelible in the early 911 community..... condolences to his family and friends....
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

A very sad day for all of us.