Thread: Real Facet?

Real Facet?

Does anyone know if these "Bendix-style" pumps for sale by some vendors are real Facets? They don't look the same as what other vendors actually call Facets. And even Pegasus Racing specifically says to look out for counterfeits. This is for a racing car. So even though I'd like to use the banjos, I'd rather have a reliable pump than original banjos.

Note the way the wire comes out on this "Bendix-style":
    Name:  Bendix 2.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  21.8 KB

Then this is what all Facets I can find for sale, where the wire comes out in a different location and without the metal boss around it:
    Name:  Facet 2.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  15.3 KB

Note too the stamping on the top of the "real" Facet. That does not appear to be on the "Bendix-style" ones.

If these are not actually Facets, then I guess the other question then is if there is an adapter fitting to convert the 1/4" NPT to 12mm for the banjo fitting bolt. The only ends I can find on "real" Facets appear to be 1/8" NPT or 1/4" NPT. No straight thread 12 mm.

FWIW, I just went to Facet's website and went through every fuel pump they currently list: https://www.facet-purolator.com/tech-information/
    They were all NPT.

Still, maybe these other ones are some old stock?

I have 3 genuine Bendix pupms that are yellow zinc. Everything else is the same like Porsche Benix with german OBEN etc.
    I also have a picture of 1974 or 1975 where yellow zinc bendixes are pictured.

For what it's worth, I have confirmed with Facet directly. That top fuel pump is not a Facet. Buyer beware. I'm going with Facet and AN fittings instead of banjo fittings. But again, this is for a race car, not a show car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    For what it's worth, I have confirmed with Facet directly. That top fuel pump is not a Facet. Buyer beware. I'm going with Facet and AN fittings instead of banjo fittings. But again, this is for a race car, not a show car.
    Which FACET pump did you finally choose? What engine type you plan to install? carb or injection?
    Thanks
    Christos
    911 T 1969 coupe LWB, Tangerine 2.0L 4-speed / Greece

PET 911 '65-69, Fig. 2-01-04, Fuel Pump Parts, -'68
    Name:  911_65-69_Fig2-01-04_FuelPumpParts,-'68.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  55.1 KB

Jay,

Why fool around? For 912 and 911 race-cars pretty much everybody uses modern Holley's. And don't forget to carry a spare.

Rich
    Rich Spritz

1959 BMC Huffaker Mk1 Formula Junior racecar
    1967 Porsche 911 racecar
    1969 Porsche 911T
    1970 Winkelmann WDF2 Formula Ford racecar
    1973 Merlyn Mk24 Formula Ford racecar
    2007 Porsche 997C4 cab (totaled by an idiot running a stop sign)
    2014 Porsche 991 TurboS cab
    2019 Cayman GTS (wife's)