Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearly lost Euro 911 L - he survived, the barn didn’t!

Nearly lost Euro 911 L - he survived, the barn didn’t!

As mention on other thread, I would like to start a topic about my most recent purchase.

A 911L Euro specs.
    Through the years, I heard a lot of stories about this car but never had interest on it because it was a sad story.
    In the early nineties the car was being repaired on a barn and a flood took the body and other parts on a small stream.

History after this becomes a bit unclear and what I recently found was the title on one hand, the body on another, and a bunch of mechanical parts around a few warehouses, some belonging to local breakers...

I cannot find a better word to describe it: a Hell of a Project!

Having a little experience on SWB’s I felt comfortable to go for it.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-will-be-saved!

I found a very solid body with some repairs already done.
    Meanwhile, I have purchased all the exterior panels and have them aligned.

The body was the easiest part.
    Just protected the superficial rusty areas and it is ready to start the preparation for the painting job.

Took it last week to the paint shop.
    Here is how it looks.

Name:  4D06040A-E107-483B-B010-53749E2D987D.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  5B1ED742-DC50-4374-BCC7-36116AD17ADB.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  67.7 KB

Knowing very little about this car, I managed to get its Kardex.

I finally received it today, and decided to start his thread! My aim is to discuss the better route to this project, taking advantage of the great amount of knowledge around this place.
    Obviously I would like to restore it to its original condition but I don’t even know what to expect when I start to collect all the other bits and pieces from the numerous places the car is spread.

Here it is his Kardex:

Name:  BA187553-45ED-449A-9C6A-BF40EEB6673B.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  169.4 KB

Any help on translating this German names, would be useful!

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Cool another L club member. If you need information on L, feel free to contact me or ask any questions in here as there are quite few L knowledgeable owners.

Enjoy.
    X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier PJB View Post
    Cool another L club member. If you need information on L, feel free to contact me or ask any questions in here as there are quite few L knowledgeable owners.

Enjoy.
    X
    Perfect! Thanks for your kindness! Sure your knowledge will be of a great help!

A few more details of the body. Overall in pretty good condition!

Name:  48953322-D0F6-4068-801F-327C7C72CAD9.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  75.6 KB

Name:  B7976BFD-DB15-4ECD-BF10-2CEC72C0C810.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  78.2 KB

Name:  85605F36-927A-426F-B4EB-25E6458B4ADC.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  84BF9A6F-4622-4C07-AEC6-FF90B92048A4.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  61.6 KB

Can anyone confirm if the interior color is red?!

yup, slate on red vinyl... gorgeous!

Tinted windows all around, koni shocks, chrome slotted wheels are some of the options. Cool to see chrome wheel on on the options list!

Car looks incredibly rust free! Congrats

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    yup, slate on red vinyl... gorgeous!

Tinted windows all around, koni shocks, chrome slotted wheels are some of the options. Cool to see chrome wheel on on the options list!

Car looks incredibly rust free! Congrats
    Thanks Jules!
    Not so sure if I like the red interior... (???)

What about the wheels - can you please be more specific about “slotted wheels”... ?

slotted wheels means the rims have the normal vents on the face as opposed to only having the hub hole and the stud holes.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers