Thread: Race car hood strut, shape, dimensions etc

Race car hood strut, shape, dimensions etc

Hi!
    I am planning to recreate the original hood strut that 911 race cars had in the 60s and 70s. I know the strut bracket had a triangular(ash) shape and three holes with blind rivets fastening them to the hood.
    Does anyone here have the dimensions, hole pattern or good photos of the bracket and strut. I am thankful for any clues. Here are some photos I found online.

Thank you!
    -Jacob
    Attached Images Attached Images    

You can still buy it from Porsche last time I checked. It's a 964 part number.
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    You can still buy it from Porsche last time I checked. It's a 964 part number.
    Lifted from rennlist, I deleted the prices because 17 years of Porsche inflation puts US higher education to shame.

999-507-372-07 retainer (1)
    964-511-569-00 hood support (1)
    964-511-551-00 rod support (1)

standard items;
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    N-011-524-7 washer 6.4 (2)
    900-138-001-02 tapping screw (2)
    N-022-148-1 locking nut M6 (1)
    999.085.001.02 socket head nut (1)
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Thanks a lot guys for the tips but those are the later parts for 964 and 993 RS/CUP, they have a rectangular bracket and are mounted on the left hand side. I have one on my 1992 RS. The ones on the photos I posted are earlier from the 60s and 70s, are triangular in shape and mounted on the right hand side.
    They where I have only seen them on race cars so I guess they're not in the regular parts list.