Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel pump bracket 1971 911T

My early '71 has the fuel pump just behind the tank and has the original mount. Pix next week if still needed.

Ok, thanks for this Nick and others here. Ok, my car was built in August 1970, and on looking very closely at the weekend, there is no evidence of a bracket or holes / welds, other in the rear. It’s right at the start of the 71 model year, so presumably was delivered with the front pump. There is however two small holes in the body on the right side of the car, just in front of the steering rack (just near rubber tie rod bellows). These I assume are where a bracket went to hold the original pump.?? On this basis, does anybody have a photo of correct OEM fuel pump and mount, including any mounting hardware like screws, etc etc. I should point out that when I bought the car, the fuel pump was located in the engine bay right ahead of the left side Weber’s. My Porsche mechanic told me it was totally wrong, but mounted the pump onto the steering rack ... which is incorrect.

So any help on this topic is greatly appreciated, to get the car back to the way it left the factory.

Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by friendlyfred View Post
    my early '71 has the fuel pump just behind the tank and has the original mount. Pix next week if still needed.
    yes please..... Would love that pic and details of retaining screws etc etc etc. - cheers

PET has the illustrations along with part #'s for both front and rear locations. However there are no dates or VIN's for the transition.
    I would love to get VIN and build date info for cars on both sides of the transition. PM or email is best, and then I can post the transition range when I get enough info.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by acf321 View Post
    yes please..... Would love that pic and details of retaining screws etc etc etc. - cheers
    If you do have an original front fuel pump setup do you see the electrical connection hanging down by the steering rack? Hopefully it's still there.

for pics on the setup check post #73 on Tom's restoration thread
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Project/page8
    or this thread on Pelican
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...e-routing.html

you will need the '70 only fuel pump bracket (repro), hose clamp and the little bumperettes (Porsche). Check PET for the parts
    here's a thread on the bracket again courtesy of Tom
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-mount-bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Ed is correct. It also doubles as the LR Sway bar bracket.
    Jim & Ed, PET does not reveal the date or VIN's of the change; do either of you have any data to help define the change?

Thanks for this very helpful and insightful feedback on the front mounted F pump.

Given the mechanic put the pump back in the front location, I am presuming (but have not as yet verified) that they have used the OEM wiring to do it.... I will check and report back.

Regarding parts, what / who / where is PET ???

Many thanks,

Adam

PET is the Porsche Electronic parts manual, an page of it is in post 7. It is a free download from Porsche.com

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...artscatalogue/
    Last edited by davep; 02-06-2020 at 05:10 PM.

I've seen several early '71's with the fuel pump in front . One even had the wiring and the plug connector for the pump in the engine compartment and of course the electric at the front also .

Ok, with the help of Tom on here I’ve had some very detailed pics sent to me, and have subsequently bought a used bracket and rubber mounts from aase sales... $30 bucks actually, which was a steal. Thanks everyone form your great assistance here... greatly appreciated.