Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest for Nadella overhauling kits

I have one. What the picture doesn't show is that the shaft is actually a telescoping spline shaft, to allow the assembly to change its length as the suspension moves.
    The trick in setting up to make them is to jig everything up so that there is no off-axis rotation, which could introduce unwanted vibrations.

I am interested as well, will add subscription. Will be in the garage later today to look at a set of spares and try to understand component count shown,

Best Regards

Hi Guys! So far I have a phenomenal 2 potential buyers

It looks like I wasn't clear enough, so as a picture is worth a 1000 words, here you go:

Name:  kits.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  73.6 KB

Basic kit: Ok for 2 shafts, but only for the wheel side(INCLUDING SEALS): Estimate: 300€

Optional kits: bearings (12 of them) an SEALs for the gearbox side : Estimate: To be confirmed

Hope it makes things clearer.

Olivier.

Perfectly Clear, Thank You.

Will stay tuned

Subscribed - Interested

Olivier and I have been e-mailing back and forth about the Nadella u-joints and bearings. I am excited that he is willing to try this project on if there is enough demand.

With regard to some of the comments. Based on the limited axles I have seen, the u-joint appears to wear more than some of the other joints. I am sure Chris Seven (RIP) would have been able to tell us why. Depending on the wear on the u-joints and other joints there are several possible repair venues. These range from sleeving to laser welding and spray welding. All would require final grinding and finished surface would have to be around 58 HrC. I do not think you could do any of the afore mentioned repairs on the u-joint for the price Olivier is exploring for his set.

Jim comment on axles having been rebuild previously is a good one. In this case, depending on the bearing/bushing used, the original holes might have been bored/reamed out which would prevent the use of the original style Nadella bearings. Again, this is something which can be corrected but would be quite some work.

Long story short, put me down for two sets Olivier

Hello,

Since interest is very low, I won't have the joints reproduced as original (forgings).

But, with Joris help, I'll try to have some CNC machined.

For those who expressed an interest, please, feel free to PM me, with an email address, so I'll let you know the status, and pricing when we move forward.

Olivier.

I think I would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Hello,

Since interest is very low, I won't have the joints reproduced as original (forgings).

But, with Joris help, I'll try to have some CNC machined.

For those who expressed an interest, please, feel free to PM me, with an email address, so I'll let you know the status, and pricing when we move forward.

Olivier.
    Oliver
    I would have an interest in a kit...
    rs

I have been struggling to restore Nadella axles for a year now. I'm restoring my last SWB 911 (65 Bali Blue over Fawn) and want to get all the details right. Unable to find the correct U-Joint and unwilling to use oversized Spicer joints, I had a pair machined in CT, where we still have very talented (albeit expensive!) automotive machinists. Here they are. I'll post more details when the joints are installed, which should be shortly. Earlier posts from myself and others are true in that many of the axles have been bored out to accept the Spicer joints; finding "virgin" shafts is becoming increasingly difficult.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid