Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @Pelican - 69S

FS: @Pelican - 69S

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1-s-coupe.html

What is wrong with this puppy?

Transmission, interior and color change what is it worth; $109,000?
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1-s-coupe.html

What is wrong with this puppy?

Transmission, interior and color change what is it worth; $109,000?
    Engine compartment and interior look correct and proper (notwithstanding the three-year-old oil filter and aftermarket shift knob). Ride height looks high, but no other glaring deficiencies noted from the photos.

Alan
    N.J.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

First posted this '69S in May 2019 when it was posted both on the PCA Classifieds (now expired) and Pelican (originally for) $140,000.

Hard to evaluate without personal inspection. Door pockets missing off interior door panels, rear lens are from a '73 or later 911. Generally looks nice.

69S 3.jpg

69S 4.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

I suspect the tall ride height might be related to what appear to be some rather oversize tires.

But other than the color change, the obvious flaws wouldn't be hard to fix.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

what is it worth........
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

With acceptable PPI of mechanicals and paint/body condition, I'd offer 90 and walk for anything over 100.

Seller is delusional
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Offer $90K and see where that takes you. Color changes on the "high value" cars bugs the heck out of me.
    Bring a magnet, Elcometer etc.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

It'll always be a sand beige car, no matter what color it is now. That's how to value it in my opinion.

With that being said, a '69S is a cool car for a lot of reasons that you already know Luke, and probably a screaming value per/smile if you're not looking to sell it anytime soon.
    Last edited by ibmiked; 02-19-2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Changed from "flip" to "sell".

If anyone enquires, find out the VIN and see if you can get the CoA. I have a very good idea of the VIN, however if the engine is matching as claimed, then it is a very odd combo, and I would like to see factory confirmation.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    If anyone enquires, find out the VIN and see if you can get the CoA. I have a very good idea of the VIN, however if the engine is matching as claimed, then it is a very odd combo, and I would like to see factory confirmation.
    Yeah, odd combo. That engine is late September 68 production, ~VIN 119300050, in a series of Bahama Yellow cars, with transmissions (both original and current) from much later in production cycle.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624