Thread: Valkyeie Run

Valkyeie Run

posted this on pelican but thought a repost here was appropriate.

I'm thinking going to Luftgekuhlt in May. Note that there is a run from west coast to NC with Intercity as a sponsor to ship cars back. Talking with them, their price is $2400+ Seems a bit excessive. I have used Passport in the past their rack rate is $2300 or so, less thnn Intercity. Passport tells me with 6 cars going to the same destination their price is $1800 or so. Significantly less, but still a bunch of bucks. I will be leaving from Phoenix metro and am interested to see if there are 5 others who are going from here and want to go in on the 6 car deal

My Inspiration

'86 44 Turbo, black/red,7's and 8's fuchs, autothority - sold (rocketship)
    '97 Boxster, first delivered in DC Metro, silver/red -sold (huge mistake to buy this one)
    '99 C2, silver/black, RoW M030, limited lip, short shift - sold (good ride, but...)

'69 912, 3.2 with all the trimmings
    (finally got air cooled)
    Early 911S Registry Member 2044

I just signed up. The organizers are friends of mine. I'll be driving from the Bay Area and driving back.

Jim

WoW Mr Breazeale !! You are the man !!
    George Kehler in Tennessee

1955 356 coupe
    1971 911S (knee deep in restoration)
    1997 993 Targa

Member#2944
    Jim's going to be trying out this new tailpipe system, on his drive East:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tony

'68 912 SWT White
    '74 911 Targa Lime Green
    '03 Boxster S
    ‘13 Cayenne GTS

Quote Originally Posted by 911+1 View Post
    Jim's going to be trying out this new tailpipe system, on his drive East:
    Ha! I'm only going to have 4 pipes out the back. I'm taking the 356C instead of the 911. A 70+ year old couple in a 55 year old car, What could possibly go wrong?

Jim

Reading Jim's comments and all I can say is WHERE is the "LIKE" button?! Jim- You are an inspiration. (For that matter, how many of us have wives that would be "in" for this?!!! WOW.)

Quote Originally Posted by john rice View Post
    Reading Jim's comments and all I can say is WHERE is the "LIKE" button?! Jim- You are an inspiration. (For that matter, how many of us have wives that would be "in" for this?!!! WOW.)
    Thanks, John
    Linda and I have been married 47 years. This will be a supreme test to see if we can make it to 50.

Jim