Thread: 911 1976 seat rail question (how to)

911 1976 seat rail question (how to)

easy question for you all,
    I removed the seats so I have access and replace the spring of the seat rail handle shaft (see photos).
    Any guidance on how to pull out the shaft handle from the hinges and remove/replace the broken spring please?

thanks
    ChristosFDAB0E89-5802-4B9C-B161-B5821B8BC302.jpg
    911 T 1969 coupe LWB, Tangerine 2.0L 4-speed / Greece

shaft handle needs to be pulled-out for replacing the spring. There is a good shop here that can fabricate any type of spring as per sample. Easy stuff for them.
    Meantime, I need to find a way and pull out the shaft, which seems to be “spot-welded” in 2 places on the bush.

Any ideas?

thanks
    Christos
    911 T 1969 coupe LWB, Tangerine 2.0L 4-speed / Greece

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions