Thread: value... One piece knee bar

value... One piece knee bar

What is the going rate for a one piece knee bar with original vinyl with the S / L aluminium trim on the lower edge.
    Looking to sell and don't see any to compare a decent selling price.

Thanks
    Dave

Anyone sell one of these in the last year or so. ?

Saw a listing a short time ago asking $225 or so. Don’t think it had the alum trim though. There are very good trim reproduction out there. Might be cheaper to make one up from a non S knee bar. Think it was on the Bird. Personally I thought it was a ridiculous ask but, someone responded pretty quickly. Guess I still remember the excellent piece I picked up from Parts Heaven for $25.

A search on Samba would likely give you a “seriously” upper bound. Several breakers lost there with an inflated sense of self worth.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Hi Dave

I paid £200 for std knee bar several yrs ago, i then paid to have it modified to take the ally trim. Add on the cost of a length of the ally trim i was in it for around £400. For anyone with a 67/68 S/L wanting this complete piece ......i would say £500. Not seen many complete originals ever come up for sale....

Thanks guy's. I was thinking around £300.