Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 215/60 Pirelli CN36 on 7R without tube? Spacer?

914 steel wheels had the "hump". My SWAG is that early deep 6s with hearts did not have the hump and later deep 6s without the "heart" had the hump. All this aside, Did you read Scott Longballe's and Mark Jung's posts? They both run 7Rs with Cn 36 215X60X15 tires. Those two guys have tons of experience and drive cars with serious amounts of HP. Their personal experience should trump anything written decades ago by a tire manufacturer(that is trying to limit liability exposure).

Jim
    NOTE: Your personal results may vary
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 03-16-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Ok....I've deleted the technical data information I posted from tyre manufacturers Pirelli and Michelin .. but added it to an existing December 2018 on similar topic there I've posted various facts

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...s-original-fit
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-17-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    My SWAG is that later deep 6s without the "heart" had the hump.
    Wow, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. I'd better start looking for a set then.

Were there any later 7R rims without heart too?

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Ok....I've deleted the technical data information I posted from tyre manufacturers Pirelli and Michelin
    There was no need to do that. The more education we get, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    There was no need to do that. The more education we get, the better.
    I totally agree.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. I'd better start looking for a set then.

Were there any later 7R rims without heart too?
    Please don't take my SWAG (Scientific Wild Assed Guess) as gospel. I've got one of each on the front of my 911 but not willing to dismount the tires to confirm my suspicions. I'm sure that somebody on this forum can confirm, though.

Jim

914 steel wheels had the "hump". My SWAG is that early deep 6s with hearts did not have the hump and later deep 6s without the "heart" had the hump. All this aside, Did you read Scott Longballe's and Mark Jung's posts? They both run 7Rs with Cn 36 215X60X15 tires. Those two guys have tons of experience and drive cars with serious amounts of HP. Their personal experience should trump anything written decades ago by a tire manufacturer(that is trying to limit liability exposure).

Jim
    NOTE: Your personal results may vary
    thanks Steve!
    Jim, can you define "early deep 6" and "late deep 6" in years? And what do you mean with "heart"? thnx. Tom
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    thanks Steve!
    Jim, can you define "early deep 6" and "late deep 6" in years? And what do you mean with "heart"? thnx. Tom
    "Heart" and "no heart"
    Attached Images Attached Images   

"Heart" and "no heart"
    top! learnt something; I saw this on my deep 6J's, one with and one without (but thought somebody "modified"..). However, both 6J's have the same date stamp 5/70; So, early / late is not applicable here..(sorry, don;t want to introduce any more questions/issues here).

Update: checked and both deep 6J's have the same "no hump".
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Update: checked and both deep 6J's have the same "no hump".
    Thanks for sharing.

So, are they Flat Ledge on outside or Taper Seat?