Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Also Overheard That . . .

I Also Overheard That . . .

Last edited by LongRanger; 04-01-2020 at 09:12 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Greetings All! Not sure where you heard it or what you heard. That said, I’m the proud next care taker of RS 451. Brian and I have been visiting for quite some time and we consummated the deal just recently. It’s a dream come true for me. I’ve yearned to own a Carrera RS and aimed for a car that was unrestored with an interesting history. RS 451 fits the bill beautifully! In addition being able to intimately accept the car and all of its history from Brian to me has made the experience that much more fulfilling. On my 10th birthday my parents gave me a book “Porsche’s for the Road”. I have paged through the book literally thousands of times. Cars have been a passion in my life since my toddler years. My grandmother still jokes that at the age of 3 I could name every car, truck and semi on the road! The book though shifted my focus to the mystique of Porsche! I’m blessed to be welcoming 451 to a small collection of air cooled cars. Most which have interesting histories of long time owners; of which I intend to become with 451. Cheers to the road ahead!
    With Drive,
    Jason
    Name:  2_21_20_INSPECTION & DEAL DAY.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  107.6 KB
    Last edited by EuroWerkz1; 03-15-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Always Hunting...

Here's 451 at its new home in The Hawkeye State! As it has been for 47 years and 114,000km's it will be driven, tracked, and shared!

Name:  451_AT 811 1ST TIME 2020.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  92.6 KB
    Always Hunting...

Sounds like it went to the right person. After hearing Brian sold Patrick, it's sad he is out of the game..........

I won't steal his thunder...however he's not leaving the game! He just took a little different direction;-)
    Always Hunting...

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Jason, #451 as you know lived much of its life in New Zealand, imported from Switzerland by its first NZ owner. Both of #451’s NZ owners are members of our Early 911 NZ group and we are regularly finding photos and old videos of your RS during its racing days. Feel free to PM me and I can put you in touch with both previous owners & we’ll keep you updated with any photos/videos we find. Your RS had a very special place in PCNZ when it lived here.
    Gary
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Thumbs up

Jason,

BIG CONGRATS !!!!

I to was inspired by that Rasmussen book...

Looks like #451 found the right home....

Cheers, and your new adventures have just begun....

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by 911kiwi View Post
    Jason, #451 as you know lived much of its life in New Zealand, imported from Switzerland by its first NZ owner. Both of #451’s NZ owners are members of our Early 911 NZ group and we are regularly finding photos and old videos of your RS during its racing days. Feel free to PM me and I can put you in touch with both previous owners & we’ll keep you updated with any photos/videos we find. Your RS had a very special place in PCNZ when it lived here.
    Gary
    Thank you Gary, that's wonderful! Brian and I agreed that all of the historical documents, records, photos, articles, etc must stay with 451 into perpetuity. He amassed incredible coverage of 451 with the help of you and many other fine folks. I fully intend to carry documenting 451's history forward! I sent you a PM with my contact info. Cheers and many thanks! Jason
    Always Hunting...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Jason,

BIG CONGRATS !!!!

I to was inspired by that Rasmussen book...

Looks like #451 found the right home....

Cheers, and your new adventures have just begun....

Chuck
    Thank you Chuck, you nailed it! My copy is in about the same condition!!!

As for the start of my journey with 451... For humankind reasons I am praying we globally and nationally get Corona Virus under control. For personal reasons I'm hoping to have 451 at R Gruppe Treffen this Spring.

Best,
    Jason
    Always Hunting...

I have been friends with Brian for the longest time, with him visiting us in Switzerland twice quite a few years ago, to drive around the Alps with hiw lovely wife (them in our 930, us in our Carrera 3.o, since our RS was not driveable at the time).
    It so happened that I knew quite a bit about the swiss owner of 451, who died in the hillclimb race that takes place not 5 miles from my home. His garage's name should still be on the front fender of 451.
    Another chapter in the life of a car that will last longer than most lives.