Thread: Door lock pull knob

Door lock pull knob

Can't help feeling this is a bit trivial in the current climate but here goes...

Trying to identify what would be correct for an early (September 1967) 68MY car, hard plastic with flat (maybe even slightly con-cave top) or more softer plastic with a convex head? I have good reference photos of a 67S with the former (see below), just not sure when they changed......or could there even be another '68MY only' option as we have seen with a number of 68 parts?

Any advice/reference photos appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

in the USA, in 1968, everything inside the car got covered in a blob of rubber...
    everything you could bonk your face into.

it was weird....but we eventually got used to it.

also, the bulb (which is a factory added soft rubber part)(and the lower section was softer than normal) on top of the door lock pull, became a thing that thieves could use to their advantage...and the would hook it with a wire coat hanger... and lift it up.
    so those the anti-theft people would change that out to the older style, or modify their bulb to something smaller. (which became very common)

this photo is from my 1971 car...
    but I am pretty sure my USA 68 and my 1969 car had this too.
    but my brothers 67 was just a small little bubble at the top of his pull.

Name:  knob.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  42.6 KB

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Thanks Scott A
    You make a good point, I had not thought about the USA changes to switches etc...
    My enquiry is with regard to a European delivery car but it is interesting to understand all aspects of this and the reasons behind the various changes.
    Tim

Just resurrecting this thread to see if anyone else can provide some clarification, particularly with regard to European delivery cars that wouldn't have been subject to the increased USA delivery safety modifications.
    Tim