Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breather Hose Help

Breather Hose Help

G'Day and an advanced thank you for any help. I have a 68 Targa 912 that now runs a Flat6 early 68 911 engine. I have often wondered how well the conversion was done on my car except for one thing, the breather hose from the oil filler neck is not connected to anything/open..it simply blows fumes into the engine bay. Is this harmful at all? Further to this, is there a parts supplier where I could buy a kit to rectify 'the situation'? Thanks!

It needs to connect to the air filter housing or housings , you may be able to buy some generic fittings .

Clewett Eng. has a breather tube kit made for the K & N rain shield air cleaners,,,,if you're running those.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks everyone. Is this what you mean Ed?
    https://www.clewett.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=334
    Does anyone have pictures how it is plumbed? I do have the K&N rain shields. Thanks again!

The large end of the plastic tee plumbs into the end of the breather hose that would have gone into the back of the aircleaner ( if you don't have the hose from oil tank neck to back of aircleaner you'll need to get one) Then one smaller hose from each rain hat connects into the tee. I'll try and get photo of mine.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    The large end of the plastic tee plumbs into the end of the breather hose that would have gone into the back of the aircleaner ( if you don't have the hose from oil tank neck to back of aircleaner you'll need to get one) Then one smaller hose from each rain hat connects into the tee. I'll try and get photo of mine.
    Thank you so much. I look forward to the photos!

You can also run it to an oil catch can.
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Here ya go, vent system installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you very much Ed, are there anything on the ends of the elbow fittings inside the air filters or are the breather fumes just gets expelled in there under the rain hats? Also, could you please advise where I can buy this 'bits'? Thank you so much!!!!

The elbow just terminates inside the air cleaner. What 'bits' are you trying to buy?
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.