Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with valuation of NOS complete 68/69 911 T Travelkit

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I think I paid something like $2,500 or $3,000 for a perfect 1971 914-6 travel kit several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Anything higher will just sit and be bumped like half the stuff on the forum (overpriced)
    Amen to that.

I bought a blue one for a very early 911 at the Pomona Swap. Maybe 1995 or so. Back when lots of Porsches and parts could still be found there. Victor Miles had a table with a pile of these in the wrapper. Those were the days. Dave DiMaria now has it with his 901. It has the early gaskets and Solex stuff. Though I didn't own a 911 the time I was planning ahead and the price was right.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

A good friend of mine has a ton of NOS travel kits. Not quite sure which types. He brought some to the lit show 2-3 years back and I think was asking something like 2-2,5K each. Had no takers. Perhaps they were to wrong type. I know it was quite a challenge to determine their exact application

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    The market for NOS travel kits has to be pretty small. It's one thing to get a travel kit bag and refill it with new parts for potential use (something like $600-$800). An NOS Travel Kit would be for display--not use, and it's bag material and contents should be matched to the car. Travel Kits weren't generally part of the car--they were picked up at the parts department. They're seldom documented on the Kardex, etc.

I'm not criticizing anyone who wants a display NOS Travel Kit to accompany his car, I'm just saying not many people will value one so highly.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by NeunElf View Post
    The market for NOS travel kits has to be pretty small. It's one thing to get a travel kit bag and refill it with new parts for potential use (something like $600-$800). An NOS Travel Kit would be for display--not use, and it's bag material and contents should be matched to the car. Travel Kits weren't generally part of the car--they were picked up at the parts department. They're seldom documented on the Kardex, etc.

I'm not criticizing anyone who wants a display NOS Travel Kit to accompany his car, I'm just saying not many people will value one so highly.
    I don’t seek them out anymore as I want what came with the car when delivered. So tool kit and manuals (and key fobs) are important to me, but other accessories aren’t. Except as mentioned above, if one really wants to display them. I can see others really desiring them though and they are what one would be to well um travel!

Thanks everybode for their input, valuation and opinion. Greatly appreciated!
    I am quite amazed by the valuation I must say.
    And yes, a while back I started a thread with basically the same question and one of the tips there was to make sure it is genuine and complete.
    So fast forward a few years and I finally found time to dig it out and go through.
    Thanks again and will decide what to do now.
    Early 911S registry member #1391
    Built '65, MY66 911 in total restoration

I do have a friend with a 69 911S that came with 9138 marked on the Kardex; he would like to find one.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Hello I have the travel kit new from Porsche and its for a weber carb so 1966 or 1967. I tried to go to BAT
    and they thought is was no for them. Not enough Porsche People in there buyers. George