Thread: 67 targas compilation

67 targas compilation

For those of you who may be aware and for those of you who are not, I am the compulsive who tries to keep a list of all the known existing '67 targas, S or Normal. Each year I look forward to the member list and unfortunately this years list does not include any new '67s. To some the list maybe an invaluable asset but to most its probably just another thread of no interest. I keep only two data points which are the VIN number and a picture. I have a difficult time tracking the European ones but am pleased to have some aid from the couple who log on a "Softwindow". Some of our other registry members have also been helpful. I am not trying to establish any database which has other than the two data points. Some member are reluctant to give up a VIN number for fear that an old 912 chassis will "reappear" as one of the 718 '67 vehicles. For members who appear on our list I only indicate that a particular vehicle was known to exist during the current year, If anybody wants me to upgrade with a picture I would be happy to comply. My argument as regards phony versions is that if a car has been consistently listed here, if I were a scammer, I would not try to pass off a phony. I'd look for a missing number and get a Kardex.

I don't want to intrude on anybody's privacy so I don't call or email members who own cars I don't have a picture of. I would, however, as you who go to a lot of the shows to see if you see a '67 and ask the owner if you can send me a picture and the VIN. If you get any cooperation please only send that info. Soft windows only from 67. Not interested in '68 or 912s (I'll leave that for some other obsessive compulsion poor devil)

Thanks in advance for anything. I am also interested in any info/picture of '67 s that may have been crashed or junked.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ght=targa+list

Keep up the good work on this. I wonder where my 500418S ended up after it was sold from California.

500213 production date 3/30/67 engine#911541, trans#131188 902/1 Polo Red. Sorry only photo on computer, I'll try to get a better pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just reread your post and see that you want info on softies that were wrecked. I can't remember the VIN but I wrecked this car in 1973 when I was 18. It was totaled. It was a champagne yellow 911 normal.
    Attached Images Attached Images